3. S&W 627 or TRR8
4. Browning Citori
5. Glock 34 MOS Gen 5
6. Glock 17 MOS Gen 5
7. Glock 19 MOS Gen 5
8. Omega OM9-FS
9. Savage Model 10 BA Stealth
10. Winchester 1873

I have been wanting a Glock 20 for some time now, until I saw a Glock 40 MOS Gen5 last night. :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm at the other end of the spectrum right now. There's not many guns I actively want and about ten I'd like to sell.

To try to stay within the lines and not sound like a sales solicitation:

A Dan Wesson (Monson) Pointman/Patriot experimental 45acp.
Three HP clones.
A first generation HS2K (became the Springfield Xd).
An all matching Yugo 48A w/crest.
An SKS.
Another Mauser with a replacement polymer stock.
A few Dirt-Thirty Levers.

In kinda wants:

a nice 38/200 Enfield.
a Beretta Compact PX4 Storm 9mm.
an old 32 S&W Long swing out (or take out) cylinder revolver.

This is beginning to shape into the best thread I have ever made. I have already, spent a few hours, just google'ing all the different firearms I have never heard of, in all these lists. Very educational and fun. If I'm like, "what the hell is a Yugo 48A?" A simple copy/paste and I now know the fascinating history about the Yugoslavian Zastava M48. :)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That would suck, because if I was ever to by a gun, just based solely on the way it looks, it would be a Legion.

I'm a bit indifferent toward it. On one hand, it'd be nice to keep such a good looking gun pristine, but on the other, it is a tool, and I wouldn't get all sappy if I got a scratch in a screwdriver.

I view my guns like my guitars. I will do my best to keep them cared for and looking nice, but if they get a scratch or ding in them, then so be it. It gives them a bit of character. With that being said, I'm only talking about cosmetic blemishes. I would do routine maintenance on my guitars, and I try to clean my guns after each use.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm a bit indifferent toward it. On one hand, it'd be nice to keep such a good looking gun pristine, but on the other, it is a tool, and I wouldn't get all sappy if I got a scratch in a screwdriver.

I view my guns like my guitars. I will do my best to keep them cared for and looking nice, but if they get a scratch or ding in them, then so be it. It gives them a bit of character. With that being said, I'm only talking about cosmetic blemishes. I would do routine maintenance on my guitars, and I try to clean my guns after each use.

You sound like a Glock guy. :)

I have a rather general list.

1. A .357 revolver. I intend to use it for 38s,but like that there is the option of the heavier round.
2. A Sig 45 ACP, such as the 226 (if I have the model right.
3. A 20 GA autoloader for bird hunting.
4. A black powder Army 1860 Colt. Just because it is Army
5. A 40 cal, although I am undecided on this one. However, I would like to try it to see how it fits.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Top half probably won't happen lol

Sturmgewehr 44
Fg 42
M1 carbine
A 50 cal bolt (any)
223 bolt (probably cabelas savage 12FV )
Cz 75 based pistol (not decided)
S&w 19 actually prefer a new one
S&w 63
Naa 22 derringer ( ranger or sidewinder)

Fun idea for a thread topic!

My "wanter button" has always been turned up too high. It's kinda scary though to come to realize that the "want list" is becoming finite and a glimmer of light may be seen at the end of the tunnel. Surely I'm not getting old!

U. S. contract Lee Navy
Winchester Model 1866
Winchester Model 1876
Marlin Model 39A
Winchester Model 52
98 Mauser custom 6.5X55 built on a CZ 24 action (have action on hand)
1903 Springfield custom .35 Whelen (have action on hand)
Most any pre-1980 Smith & Wesson revolver variant I don't currently have
Smith & Wesson Model 41
More Colt New Service revolvers added to the menagerie any caliber, any configuration, especially .38-40
U. S. Contract Model 1873 Colt Single Action Army
Colt Government Model Series 70 in 9mm
Colt Government Model Series 70 in .38 Super

Fantasy gun is a factory-built .32-20 chambered Smith & Wesson "K-32-20" Masterpiece with pinned barrel and configured like a pre-1980 K-model Smith & Wesson target revolver.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@noelekal , really like your list. I like your fantasy gun as well, except I would need two! One for the straight sided .32s or the ability to swap cylinders. I have a Ruger Blackhawk with a .32-20 cylinder and one for .32 H&R mag, which of course will accommodate the lesser .32s. I wonder if the .32 H&R cylinder could be bored out to accept a .327 Federal mag. cartridge?

Mornin' nortac.

Apparently the chamber dimensions are the same excepting for case length. .32 H&R Magnum .327 magnum conversion - Google Search

One may read a lot online of the pros and cons of doing a conversion.

I like the notion of the .327 Magnum. It is everything the .32 H&R Magnum was cracked up to be and also a worthy and more practical modern rendition of .32-20 performance in a revolver.

I love the .32-20 cartridge and have three .32-20s on hand, two handguns and a rifle so am invested in the cartridge, dies, and components. Whether loaded mild or wild it's a hugely entertaining cartridge for plinking or field use.

In the late 1970s/early 1980s I was loading for a single .32-20 chambered revolver, a 1906 vintage Smith & Wesson K-Frame Hand Ejector. I was young and bullet proof back then and managed "performance" loads that clocked up to 1300 fps over the chronograph screens with 100 grain bullets from that revolver's 4-inch barrel. By all outward appearances the revolver handled it fine. I now doubt it would have handled a steady diet of the heavy loads. Those early Hand Ejectors did not enjoy the heat treat developments that Smith & Wesson had introduced in the K-Frame by 1920. I knew a guy who swelled a chamber in a 1912 .38 Special Military & Police by shooting hot handloads in it. Back then in the late 1970s Smith & Wesson repaired and refinished the revolver for him.

I traded away the 1906 .32-20 in favor of a better 1920s example. Even though this revolver benefits from later heat treated steels, I won't use any of those early loads I have in the handloading notes here. I would experiment further if I had a modern made .32-20. If I had a good "usin' grade" late vintage Colt Army Special or Official Police (they did come in .32-20) I might be tempted to "improve" on the cartridge's performance a bit. Think Colt Python sized frame and cylinder, for the Python's I-Frame was a further development of the Colt D-Frame and the two are the same size. Pretty meaty revolvers for .32-20 and Colt steel of that pre-war 20th century era was said to be "best."

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
As mentioned, I have the Ruger Blackhawk and a Marlin 1894 CL in .32-20. I also have an old Colt Army Special DA revolver that I have not shot as it needs some work to make it safe.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
As mentioned, I have the Ruger Blackhawk and a Marlin 1894 CL in .32-20. I also have an old Colt Army Special DA revolver that I have not shot as it needs some work to make it safe.
I love the Colt Army Special and it is one of the two main not snub nose revolvers I carry.

I walked into the Tyler, Tx Gander Mountain about ten years ago and found a 1894CL on the racks, grabbed it, paid and took it home. I was happy to get a 1922 year hand ejector earlier this year in the same caliber.

Since this is a wish list:

1. An AR-10, with 18" or 20" barrel.
2. Winchester pre-1964 lever action 30-30.
3. Marlin 45-40.
4. Browning A5 in a 12 gauge.
5. Browning BAR in .30-06.
6. Colt 1911.
7. Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum
8. An authentic Brown Bess.

590 Mariner
An AUG and a Steyr Scout
AR-10
Mini-14 to accurize

I’d buy back the Springfield 1911 and H&K USP 40 Compact I sold years ago
Would probably also look for a Baer or Caspian.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Mine is a short list:

All of 'em.

Really though, I am split on the top two of which one to get first.

S&W Model 10 4" barrel
Colt Police Positive Special 4" barrel

Then:

A Cimarron Arms SA Frontier Old Model in .45 Colt with 4 3/4" barrel so I can have one that I don't have to reload black powder cartridges for and it will also fit the holster I have for my First Generation Colt.
A Cimarron Arms Model 3 Schofield in .45 Colt, but I haven't decided on barrel length.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oh, and for long guns:

1887 Winchester lever shotgun
1897 Winchester pump shotgun (Granddad had one)
1928 Thompson

Well, my hi power is at nighthawk custom, having their works done. Was a wish list thing. My tikka t1x, finally arrived, today as a point of fact, number 2 on the wish list. In march, my Les Baer, goes to back home to be refinished, and freshened up. Number three on the wish list. The only thing I want, a 5" s&w 27. Oh, two years ago, the ,(boss), wife, bought me, my dream of dreams, a Purdey, side by side 12 gauge, with excellent dimensions, and sleeved tubes. She won it through a auction, that a broker handled in her behalf, and came from merry old england

Top Bottom