What's new

Post Your Simpson Collection

Here is my one and only , it is the only knot that I like that Simpson’s makes, but it is so pricey I probably will never buy another one. But I love this one
73BBFD94-8AE6-4F16-994B-EE00A51A2858.jpeg
4CC4105E-E252-4F14-B9FD-A039A157138F.jpeg
D27D48B1-461F-426B-BA9A-E8CF828F6915.jpeg

linty1

My wallet cries.
Those Chubby 2 in super look so so nice... makes me kinda wish I had gotten it instead of the one in best a whiles back, although I really like that one too. And those colour handles!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Are those different colour handle ones, email to Simpsons one offs, or like wait till they show on their website?

Are those different colour handle ones, email to Simpsons one offs, or like wait till they show on their website?
I don't follow them on social media so I just waited until the had them on their page but an email will get you there quicker.
I too am not on social media, so if you have a particular handle shape and knot in mind (ie, the Duke 3 in Manchurian), send Simpson an email asking what color options they have available. They will send you a picture of the handles that they have in stock with that particular knot, but are not on their web page. If you want a truly custom, it would have to be a handle rod they have in stock.

I too am not on social media, so if you have a particular handle shape and knot in mind (ie, the Duke 3 in Manchurian), send Simpson an email asking what color options they have available. They will send you a picture of the handles that they have in stock with that particular knot, but are not on their web page. If you want a truly custom, it would have to be a handle rod they have in stock.
It's better for my bank account if I'm suprised on their hompage and not getting a variety of choices...

How does the Chubby 2 in SiLVERTiP compared to the Chubby 2 in Manchurian?
I personally like the 2 band Silvertip better, the difference is in the tips, the Silvertip is softer but has the same backbone, if you like more face feel with the tip then Manchurian. Neither are anything like the Super which is like a soft pillow on your face.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I put all of my Simpsons (except the synthetics) away in their boxes in May when I started the Synthetic Summer thing. I've not taken them out yet. I've been using my two Beagles and a couple of Zenith boars all summer. I still love my Simpsons but I'm terribly lazy. I can't be arsed to open the big box in which I put all the boxed brushes away. I should list a few on BST but again, don't hold your breath... As I said, I'm too lazy to photograph and list them. And I certainly couldn't be arsed to go to the post office.

The recent Beagle brushes showed me how much I like the handle shape, but the knots were not my favorite (although still very enjoyable). So that, plus a few other factors, led me to request a quote for some Eagle G3 brushes in 2 band Silvertip (my favorite hair type) and Super. Unfortunately for me (but fortunately for my wallet) Simpsons came back and said they only had ivory, ebony, and possibly one ruby handle available. None of these appeal to me, so I declined.

After a few more emails I included a list of handle materials that I am interested in and they are looking into it. I thought I was going to be able to avoid purchasing more brushes, but looks like won't be able to escape that easily.

Top Bottom