What's new

Post your Father's Day 2013 shaving gifts

A little show and tell. Use this thread to post your shaving related Father's Day gifts.

Last week a package arrived. Two weeks before Father's Day. My wife left it in the hallway and told me it was my Father's Day gift from our six-month old daughter (thanks sweety). But this box was just sitting there. Looking at me. This morning I said, "Come on, what's in the box?" I was allowed to open it a week early. To my surprise...this! A Martin de Candre brain bowl!!!

$photo-2.jpg

I'm getting my dad his birth date razor a U-1 black handle Gillette super speed. I was unsure whether to keep hold of it until his 40th in March. Hope he likes it.

Is there any pre-Father's Day gifting happening? Someone? I'm feeling a little guilty.

;)

So, in my case, I got to see a picture, but did not get the actual present, as it is still being built.
My wife found on Etsy someone custom making razor travel bag in vintage looking leather and she got it custom made to be able to host my Thiers-Issard and my synthetic brush.

My daughters are getting me a Edwin Jagger DE89L. OK, I ordered it and let them know what they were getting me. They weren't getting the more subtle hints I was leaving all over the house... :001_cool:

My six-month old daughter must have hacked my wife's Gmail account and seen the email with the link to Martin de Candre's beautiful shave soap. The subject "If you're looking to buy me a gift..." obviously didn't throw her off. Good girl.

I definitely know how to state what I want.

Last edited:
My daughters are getting me a Edwin Jagger DE89L. OK, I ordered it and let them know what they were getting me. They weren't getting the more subtle hints I was leaving all over the house... :001_cool:

I'm a huge EJ DE89 fan. It's no understatement to say that it's a fantastic razor. Congratulations, Sir. I'm sure you've earned it.

So, in my case, I got to see a picture, but did not get the actual present, as it is still being built.
My wife found on Etsy someone custom making razor travel bag in vintage looking leather and she got it custom made to be able to host my Thiers-Issard and my synthetic brush.

I'm sure it will get plenty of use. That's a real show of support! Congratulations.

Nice gifts! I'm not sure what I'm getting, but I'm pretty sure it'll be shaving goods of some variety. I'll report back when I get it!

Father's Day is right around the corner. Anyone unwrapping shaving gifts from the kids?

Around Christmas time, I asked my step-dad if he would ever consider DE shaving, he replied that he had learned to shave with a DE, and would enjoy a "proper" shave when he wasn't busy traveling for work. I was going to get him vintage stuff, but I figured he would appreciate a new custom set- something more personal. In January, I got in touch with deruitem, and asked if he could make a full matching set for my step-dad for Father's Day. I wanted him to base the design for all three parts off the Simpson M7 style. I chose a style of acrylic called "Lava" from Bear Tooth Woods because it reminded me of his line of work- coal power. Since he'll be traveling over Father's Day, I gave him the set last weekend. He was thrilled! I followed up with him toward the end of the week, and he told me that he had been using it all week! Homerun! :)

I got my dad some Bigelow foam for Christmas, which he liked quite a bit. For Fathers Day some Proraso AS splash. Baby steps

I got my dad some Bigelow foam for Christmas, which he liked quite a bit. For Fathers Day some Proraso AS splash. Baby steps

Speaking of baby steps, I think any time I am going to attempt to get someone interested in DE shaving, I am going to start with just a brush and some cream - tell them to continue to use their existing razor. As a noob myself, I wish I would have taken everything a lot slower....

Top Bottom