What's new

Post up pics of your non traditional straights

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Well, I am a traditionalist, but I do have one non-traditional razor. Here's a Bruno Blades Snail Forge Alien in lava kirinite scales. Shaves really well but the ergonomics take some getting used to.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $DSCF2129.jpg
    $DSCF2129.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 201
This Sheffield Cutlery obviously does not look as it did when it exited the factory.
What I like about it, is the creative way of salvaging a severely dinged blade.
$$T2eC16h,!ykE9s7tyfEVBRd-2pb6(w~~60_57.jpg

Come on guys....you cant tell me that there are only this many none traditional razors out there

Alex Jacques makes some incredible non-traditional razors. This one is tame by his current standards,
$s-l1600-2.jpg
He recently made one that was part octopus that was amazing. He also made a pistol that was incredible. The little horns on my razor are minor mods compared to what AJ is doing these days.

Two Tamahagane steel straight razors made from the Nakago sections of two 400 year old Japanese swords, one of which turned out to have been made by a famous Japanese sword maker in 1640.

The first one was made so that with little effort, it could be turned into a Kamisori style razor.

You can see the fold marks in the Tamahagane steel still, here they are:

$Bruno_Tamahagane_Azumi.jpg

$Bruno_Two_Sheff.jpg

Two Tamahagane steel straight razors made from the Nakago sections of two 400 year old Japanese swords, one of which turned out to have been made by a famous Japanese sword maker in 1640.

The first one was made so that with little effort, it could be turned into a Kamisori style razor.

You can see the fold marks in the Tamahagane steel still, here they are:

View attachment 702223

View attachment 702224

Gorgeous!!! Either one of those i would so love to own!! Wow!!

They are incredible razors to shave with, I have the story of the master who made the razor in the first pic below - he was famous for a short sword called the, "Devil's Kitchen Knife" in 1640. Also have two letters certifying how they were made from Bruno at Snail Forge with the ancient Tamahagane steel....:)

Here are the pics of the original sections, two were used in the making, here is the one that was used to make the red one:

$tamahagane_piece3.jpg

$Tamahagane_steel_pics.jpg

My Jacob Ray custom. I asked for this and he delivered. In hindsight, I would have preferred a little wider blade and a little hollower grind, but he gave me exactly what I asked for at a very reasonable price to boot.

$20161107_121858.jpg

Top Bottom