What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

IMG_1582.JPG
My Dad's custom turned handles are done. (L To R) Per my request, he drilled out the shorter spalted maple handle for the Vie-long horsehair brush by an additional 2mm, and now the loft and density of the knot is just right. WAY better than it was on the original Cremo brush! Additionally the amboyna handle is done, so the Elite Razor Manchurian knot is now in it. I then extracted the Whipped Dog High Mountain knot from its acrylic prison (which required some repair to the base of the knot, as the epoxy held a bit better than I had expected), and set it in the tall spalted maple handle. Totally thrilled with this trio!

View attachment 789153 My Dad's custom turned handles are done. (L To R) Per my request, he drilled out the shorter spalted maple handle for the Vie-long horsehair brush by an additional 2mm, and now the loft and density of the knot is just right. WAY better than it was on the original Cremo brush! Additionally the amboyna handle is done, so the Elite Razor Manchurian knot is now in it. I then extracted the Whipped Dog High Mountain knot from its acrylic prison (which required some repair to the base of the knot, as the epoxy held a bit better than I had expected), and set it in the tall spalted maple handle. Totally thrilled with this trio!
They're all beauties but that horse hair brush looks awesome. Great job dad!

These just came in within the last 4 days. Left to right; Wolf Whiskers 26mm silvertip, Iron Town Razorworks 24mm tuxedo, Shavemac 24mm D01 silvertip. I ordered the Shavemac, other two acquired via raffle.

IMG_3272.JPG

Top Bottom