What's new

Post an ages old phrase you heard growing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Don’t worry about the mule going blind just load the wagon.

You can tighten that thing all day long and it ain’t gonna get any loser.

Dumb as a stump

"He's madder than a March Hare."

"Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off."

"Quicker than grease through a goose."

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have a number of what I call, affectionately, Dad-isms...things my Dad would say often enough for us to remember. I suppose you could say they fall into this category.

Margarite, go wash your feet, the board of health is across the street. (This would just come out of nowhere. I got the impression that Margarite was not an actual person.)

Those of us who knew him...(another Dad-ism that just unexpectedly came out. The "him" was never identified nor was the thought ever finished. A veritable classic!)

What do you think this is...the Ritz Carlton?! (This one was said under his breath when the cashier at McDonalds rang up the order and announced the total amount due. I use this now on occassion. I've never stayed at the Ritz Carlton...must have been a swanky place.)

The boy stood on the burning deck, eating peanuts by the peck. (This was generally said in an unemotional tone. I've thought about the boy often...standing there eating peanuts in the midst of the flames...maybe it was my Dad's way of saying I should get a move on.)

There were so many. I miss him...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom