What's new

Pork belly, yum!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My understanding, as is, it'll keep in the fridge for 10 days. Vacuum sealed and frozen, months. But I doubt it'll last past April since I absolutely love bacon!
Bacon is one thing in my house that will never spoil. My grandson tears it up. Great looking bacon, BTW

Bacon is one thing in my house that will never spoil. My grandson tears it up. Great looking bacon, BTW
Thanks.
Here soon I'm going to take what I learned through making this bacon and try my hand in curing some Canadian bacon using pork loin. Takes a little longer, but the steps are pretty much the same.

So, what plans do think I have for this pork belly?...
Let me guess...
1617509632329.png

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Planning to make a pate de Campagne with pork belly, country ham, pork shoulder, cream, etc.

I've got another 10.5 pounds that's done curing and ready to be smoked tomorrow.
Got a nice smoker a couple weeks ago, so this is a great opportunity to really test it out.
Half of this is being gifted away.

Here's the latest batch of bacon I cured. This time around I had a nice smoker to finish it up. Hickory smoked in a Pit-Boss vertical pellet smoker for 4 hours until the internal temperature reached 150 degrees fahrenheit.There's not a store bought bacon that will ever compete with this!
The two vacuum sealed bags are what I gave away. That portion actually turned out to be meatier than the portions I kept, but have absolutely no regrets in that regard.
20210418_104829.jpg
20210418_104801.jpg
20210418_104700.jpg
20210416_143003.jpg

Top Bottom