What's new

Pop ups * See post #55 for answer *

They’re back….
8E2B84AE-DBA6-4A01-AED0-5746F9B8885F.jpeg

You guys need to use a better dns server on your network or devices. Perhaps quad9 if you don’t roll your own.
just curious, has anyone changed their DNS server to quad9 (9.9.9.9) to see if this helps against bad stuff either at your router or device level? it's super easy to make the change and reverse.

If anyone needs help I am sure there is someone here who can guide with the particular device.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Just happened while I was reading a message on my tablet, redirected my browser.
I don't have this problem when using my Linux box, but I do like the convenience of just grabbing my tablet while relaxing in my recliner, instead of going to my desk.

Screenshot_20220201-194819_kindlephoto-46811331.png

These malware posts made me buy a contributor badge. We’ll see if it helps. They have happened on my phone while at home and also on my older MacBook while at work (if that helps at all).

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Wow, now worse than ever. Every post I try to read on my tablet is getting redirected to the site I posted before. I had to turn off java script for B&B just to be able to post this. Turning off java script is not a fix because it also disables needed features of the site. The page is unusable from my tablet now so I'll just check back at a later date to see if it's fixed. Ciao for now...

Yes I've done that multiple times. I just fired up another android phone that I haven't used in a year and the same thing. If you just sit on the page without clicking anything it will still redirect to the other web site.

I have had the problem several days ago.
I guess I've just been lucky since then.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It has been determined that these ads are not coming from B&B. B&B has not been “hacked” or compromised. These ads are coming from the ad network. Bad ads like these get in to the ad system routinely. The only way to remove them is to report them to the ad network so they can be removed by the ad supplier.

If you run across these ads while browsing B&B please report them here with a screenshot and URL. At minimum we need a web address to report these to the ad supplier.

If you don’t want to risk these ads popping up it is suggested you purchase an account upgrade or run an ad blocker.

Thanks for your understanding,

Badger & Blade Management

Top Bottom