What's new

Pop ups * See post #55 for answer *

Where do I report scam ads? Just message a mod?

I got one of those "Google is giving away (prize) for 1 trillion searches" ads that isn't from Google.

I also got one of the "Clean up your (phone model) spam ads.

I'm not sure if the second is offensive, but it is annoying and deceptive.

The first is straight up fraudulent, and usually only found on sketchy sites. B&B isn't that kind of site...

*Moderator Edit** : See here for answer: Pop ups - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/pop-ups.619405/page-3#post-11641962

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you screen shot these if they come up?
Yeah, I screenshot the google one. The other popped up when I misclicked away from making this thread, and I swiped back on my phone browser before I thought to screenshot it.

I'll send you the screenshot ad, since you replied. Thanks!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Yeah, I screenshot the google one. The other popped up when I misclicked away from making this thread, and I swiped back on my phone browser before I thought to screenshot it.

I'll send you the screenshot ad, since you replied. Thanks!
Thanks. This is the kind of concrete evidence we need to present to the ad company.

While using an iPhone with Google I get the same recurring pop up. Anyone else having this issue?

6F88A2E0-61DD-445B-B3B2-D8EC64CA431F.jpeg

What did you win? Iphone or Samsung? :letterk1:

Yup, I was getting them the other day.

Uninstalled app. Reinstalled app. No issues since.

I'm on Android 12.

Screenshot_20220115-201127.png

Got same in Safari, not an app. No way to cancel out. The ad takes over the browser with no choice but to close out. It is getting harder to participate here.

Top Bottom