What's new

Polsilver Iridium vs Wizamet Iridium vs Morrocan Wisamet ahem Iridium.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I bought my Wizamet Super Iridium blades from Wizashave! And last I checked, you couldn't buy a 100 pack for only 5.99, it was like over 20 dollars for 100 packs. But I purchased the 250 packs, and they were around 40+ dollars.

IMG_3958.JPG
proxy.php

proxy.php

Yes, the P&G plant was shut down, because it was taken over by the Russian government, war is ugly, and it manifests itself in so many ways. Truth is, there is no reason why Wizamet blades couldn't be manufactured in America, its just that P&G are cheap, and don't want to manufacture here, like so many other companies who sell their souls to China, to make things cheaper there as well.

Most DE razor blades have been made in Russia over the years. But, with the ongoing war that seems to show no signs of ending, thats clearly going to change if P&G wants to stay in business.

I bought my Wizamet Super Iridium blades from Wizashave! And last I checked, you couldn't buy a 100 pack for only 5.99, it was like over 20 dollars for 100 packs. But I purchased the 250 packs, and they were around 40+ dollars.

View attachment 1483565
proxy.php

proxy.php

Yes, the P&G plant was shut down, because it was taken over by the Russian government, war is ugly, and it manifests itself in so many ways. Truth is, there is no reason why Wizamet blades couldn't be manufactured in America, its just that P&G are cheap, and don't want to manufacture here, like so many other companies who sell their souls to China, to make things cheaper there as well.

Most DE razor blades have been made in Russia over the years. But, with the ongoing war that seems to show no signs of ending, thats clearly going to change if P&G wants to stay in business.
You mean 250 blades for 40, right?

Yes, the P&G plant was shut down, because it was taken over by the Russian government…

Please share with us where you got this information from, as it does not match with the information that I have:

(ALEXANDER COOLIDGE | Cincinnati Enquirer), which merely reads: Russian invasion of Ukraine: P&G halting Russian investment and advertising, cutting product offering.

and from Reuters.com, which stated that P&G may not be able to stay in business in Russia:

I have not found confirmation of your statement that P&G has pulled out of Russia or that the Russian Government has in fact taken over P&G plants.

Unfortunately, the Cincinnati Enquirer article is not dated and may be outdated by now, but to avoid spreading misinformation it would be useful to know your source.

Of course, none of the above addresses the dilemma whether someone would want to continue buying goods made in Russia, similar to someone questioning himself in 1939 whether it would be appropriate to continue buying German goods after Nazi Germany invaded Poland under equally false pretences.

But then again, John F. Kennedy got Pierre Salinger, his head of press, to procure 1,200 Cuban cigars for him just hours before JFK ordered his trade embargo against Cuba, so it’s probably o.k. for us to buy a few more Russian blades. :001_cool:

B.

Last edited:
You are right.
Since I began in traditional shaving and entered this forum a decade ago there are the Prophets of Shavepocalypse.

Since then the opposite is happening. The availability of wet shaving products INCLUDING GREAT BLADES is growing exponentially.
Try to find non-artisan tallow soaps… :)

Try to find non-artisan tallow soaps… :)
Palmolive and Wilkinson sword sticks are gone. In compensation there are much more ARTISAN options than 10 years ago.

Traditional shaving is a marketing explored mostly for small companies. Look at the $ 200-300-400 razors.

It's a niche. You won't find them at Walmart or corner drugstore. But at some clicks on e-commerce. And they are multiplying.

Gillette is almost completely out. Only offers made in China or India cheap "Tech"razors or some others with Muhle razor heads. Double egde blades probably still big / somewhat profitable market in Russia in India to get completely out in despite of their attempts to popularize even more cartridge systems.

Even if PG Russia cease their operations at double edge blades plant, believe me, there are Indian, Egyptian, Pakistanese, Bangladeshi and Chinese blades you can shave as well. I got nice suprises from unknown Chinese blades lately. Probably not top tier, but yes, they shave well.

Last edited:
Palmolive and Wilkinson sword sticks are gone. In compensation there are much more ARTISAN options than 10 years ago.

Traditional shaving is a marketing explored mostly for small companies. Look at the $ 200-300-400 razors.

It's a niche. You won't find them at Walmart or corner drugstore. But at some clicks on e-commerce. And they are multiplying.

Gillette is almost completely out. Only offers made in China or India cheap "Tech"razors or some others with Muhle razor heads. Double egde blades probably still big / somewhat profitable market in Russia in India to get completely out in despite of their attempts to popularize even more cartridge systems.

Even if PG Russia cease their operations at double edge blades plant, believe me, there are Indian, Egyptian, Pakistanese, Bangladeshi and Chinese blades you can shave as well. I got nice suprises from unknown Chinese blades lately. Probably not top tier, but yes, they shave well.
I’m with you on the blades, but the soaps…
You can add Valobra, Tabac, Speick and Williams to your list as well.

P&G has revenues in the vicinity of $80 billion annually. They have scores of brands and they are not going to go out of business if Wizamet razor blades are made outside the US.
There is also nothing anywhere to suggest that the Russian P&G plants have been shut down and taken over by the government.
In any case, DE razor blades are a tiny part of their business.

I would be surprised if the PPI plant shuts down. The PPI plant makes many other products, such as disposables and cartridge razors. They are very few Russian manufacturers of those products. It makes no sense that Russia would shut down plants that produce necessities for their own population. They would need to import those products from either India or China (friends of Russia), at greater expense. Also, those plants export Russian products which means industrial cash flow back to Russia, and retaining jobs. Russian people need those products, they need jobs, and Russia needs cash flow. Of course I am looking at this with some degree of common sense, which Russian leadership may be lacking.

Top Bottom