What's new

Polsilver Iridium vs Wizamet Iridium vs Morrocan Wisamet ahem Iridium.

Look, a long run of this n that!

Bigdealsmart.com have genuine Wizamet (old stock and Moroccan font), these are genuine Gillette, both!
Buy the Moroccan stuff while you can as the "pushed old stock" is still the same blade, higher prices for those that worry it's not genuine.
There is counterfeit, on EBAY and more noticeably "Makeup.com" selling a 100 of Polsilver for £11.99!

Packaging is perfect, however the filling isn't, the quality of forging has left them to forget "Super Iridium" on the blade.

Bigdealsmart is real and has these and will disappear, you'd think I worked for them but I think this is the last chance to buy IRIDIUM blades.

Everyone to their own but
...., best blade ever. Sharp, smooth, no compromise!!!!!

PS., a very "hyped" blade, and I dont like hype but to use one....
Usually hype disappoints, na brilliant, for me.
Normally use Nacet, GSB, BIC, surprising Indian Gillette Wilkos (so good for 110 for £4.50/100!).
But for me, Wizamet a revelation!

Perhaps I’m a beer ahead or behind but it’s very hard for me to follow through your post…

Polisilvers are gone and yes there are counterfeits around. Wizamets there are plenty and readily available via a couple of sources. Marocco is one of them.

Never heard of vast differences between old/new stock or suspected counterfeited Wizamets either…

Perhaps I’m a beer ahead or behind but it’s very hard for me to follow through your post…

Polisilvers are gone and yes there are counterfeits around. Wizamets there are plenty and readily available via a couple of sources. Marocco is one of them.

Never heard of vast differences between old/new stock or suspected counterfeited Wizamets either…
It's the pol, only ramped up counterfeit blade I know, maybe because it has status.
And yes I'm completely fannied on malt lol!

Old story now, counterfeit do exist being ie Makeup.com.
With regard to the Gillette Wizamet, either source will run out, not made anymore.
Whether Gillette closed that down to delete an adversary or keep it in the background to be the next generation of new cartridges, who knows?

It's an old and obviously sore contention that spikes some folks around here, I did amount to say it was somewhat trivial and for those that still wanted to buy an Iridium blade but, hey ho!

It's an old and obviously sore contention that spikes some folks around here, I did amount to say it was somewhat trivial and for those that still wanted to buy an Iridium blade but, hey ho!
Ohh there are other counterfeited Gillette blades as well @ivan_101 has a couple of sample pics, Astras I believe.

And yes, don’t drink and shave :c1:
Why would anyone want to counterfeit a cheap blade? I bought a 100 for £5.99, genuine stock?

Not so sure the Iridium -Super has been discontinued. It is now only marketed in Morrocco. This photo shows a pack that has March 2020 stamped on the package. For those in the US 01/03/20 is not January, it is the 1st of March. The 0061 in in the beginning of the long code means the same. 061st day of 2020.

Iridium Super.png

I've got both, the old R on the blade, and the TM 10 blade motif.
Whatch this space, they will get scarcer and The St Petersburg plant have stopped making them.

Branding, buying up all one's adversaries etc have it all.
P&G will probably somewhere down the line make this the bestest thing ever (Iridium) coating.
Whatch this space.

I've got both, the old R on the blade, and the TM 10 blade motif.
Whatch this space, they will get scarcer and The St Petersburg plant have stopped making them.
Amazon USA has the Perma-Sharp Supers for $10/100 right now. If those are just too sharp, you can get the Gillette Platinum for about the same price. Nacets are around $12/100.

Scarcity and rarity are just synonyms for drama. I really hate drama! :mad1:

Amazon USA has the Perma-Sharp Supers for $10/100 right now. If those are just too sharp, you can get the Gillette Platinum for about the same price. Nacets are around $12/100.

Scarcity and rarity are just synonyms for drama. I really hate drama! :mad1:
You are right.
Since I began in traditional shaving and entered this forum a decade ago there are the Prophets of Shavepocalypse.

Since then the opposite is happening. The availability of wet shaving products INCLUDING GREAT BLADES is growing exponentially.

Top Bottom