What's new

Plisson synthetic

My Plisson brush came today & I used it this evening. Bowl lathered w/Arko and the brush worked well. No scritch at all. Pretty much what I expected based on comments I had read here. Bristles did stick together a little after i rinsed it out and shook it dry. My VDH badger brush doesn't clump when I do this. I'm sure this isn't a problem just different than my badger brush.

Pretty happy with my first try. I'll use it w/some VDH soap tomorrow and see how it that does.

Pic below next to my VDH Brush:

$Plisson_VDHbadger.jpg$Brush_box.jpg

My Plissons clumped too, as well as my Grooming Co. brush, so it takes a few extra swipes of the drying towel and fingers to set things "right." Part of the learning curve with these particular synthetic fibres.

My Plissons clumped too, as well as my Grooming Co. brush, so it takes a few extra swipes of the drying towel and fingers to set things "right." Part of the learning curve with these particular synthetic fibres.

Yep, checked it this morning and it was all good.

I usually bowl lather but when I face lather I find that the Plisson is the best for this. It holds the water nicely. For bowl lathering I just slightly prefer my Muhle STF. Both are great brushes. The H.I.S. brush from Beauty Strokes is also really good and only about $35.00.
Here are my favorite synthetic brushes I own.

From left to right, H.I.S. Beauty Strokes, Plisson, Muhle STF, and Jack Black.

$Synthetic_Brushs.jpg

I walked into my local Loccitane store in Santa Monica CA and bought one for 30 bucks. One of my best, if not the best purchases I've made so far in my brief wetshaving career. I don't know if they have a store near you, go the website and find out. Or call any store that has them in stock and get them to ship. OR order the same brush with a better handle direct from the Plisson website - it's called La Maison du Barbier - with the strong $/Euro it's not much more money, even with shipping.

L'Occitane stores will not ship anymore. They are supposedly getting these back for Father's Day so if anyone is looking for one I would start checking now.

They don't sell them in US and probably other countries. Here, in Romania, just got mine from L'occitane store. I have the impression that they did this so there won't be people that buy many of them to sell them at higher prices on ebay afterwards.

They certainly do sell them in the U.S. Just most stores are sold out and waiting for new stock. Unfortunately it does seem the eBay scumbags snatch them all up when they do hit stores.

I was meaning in online store. Searched the brush on the US website but was not found at all. It's much easier to just order 20 brushes online than to get them from physical stores, as most shops don't have si many on stock. If this is the reasoning behind removing it from online stores, I must admit that is pretty thoughtful. L'occitane managed to impress me on how they managed my brush and soap order. Too bad they don't have more shaving stuff.

It's not online bc they are sold out. I was told by L'Occitane that they should be in stores and online again around Father's Day. I sent their corporate an email and that was their response.

Where are you guys finding the PLISSON for $30? Please advise! Thanks.

If you go here you can buy direct from Plisson. The first two should be for $36. Probably be about 42'ish with shipping to CONUS.

http://blaireauxplisson.com/en/39-shavingbrushes-fiber

So it is not $30 exactly but it is the same knot as the Loc brush. I think the Acetate handles are actually better than the Loc "wood" handle. For less than $50 you are really getting a nice brush.

Yeah I priced the one straight from Plisson and it was $43 shipped. Totally worth it. I was all set to order one, but was offered the L'Occitane one here at a great price. My suggestion is to start a WTB thread in the gentlemanly deals forum and if you don't find one there order direct. The acetate handle direct from Plisson is definitely an improvement.

There are no L'Occitane stores near me. Are they suppose to sell online in the USA again? I'm all set but I was just curious. I have 2 now if I buy another one it will be one of the more expensive ones.

I'm going follow this thread at least until Father's Day. I'm just curious if the L'Occitane stores do get them back in stock.

My Plisson for L'Occitane is starting to peel on the handle. I thought about getting one for father's day but not so sure now. The knot os nice though....maybe with the acrylic handle...hummm.

Top Bottom