What's new

Please forgive all I have said about you, MMOC

In the past I really did not get along with ANY OC razors, DE, SE, or otherwise.

I finally got the hang of my Gillette New LC, with Voskhod blades.

I've put my DEs away for awhile. I was spiraling ever deeper into RAD for DEs. I just can't find "the One."

GEMs are the most intuitive razors that I have ever used. Put the cap almost on your face, and then shave. Shaving angle is natural and easy to find.

I went back to my GEMs. My 1912 and Junior (a 30s 1912) are my go-to if I've had bad shaves with other razors or just want a great and comfy shave. My Clog Pruf is also a favorite, but I like the modern handles that I put on my 1912s more. The G-Bar and Contour are good shavers, but I don't care so much for their handles. The Contour may have the worst handle of any razor. It is so awkward. It looks grippy, but the flat spine of the razor really is odd for shaving XTG.

I decided to whip out the MMOC. I had not used it in awhile, mostly because it was always brutal to me. I used a known good GEM PTFE blade, and Stirling Tuscany soap. And I had a shave like I get with my beloved 1912s. Supremely comfortably and BBS.

I've used it for about a week since that first good shave with the MMOC, and all of the shaves have been a little improved each time. I'm getting the hang of it.

Now, some guys report having to have 4 passes with a clean-up with X-razor, but they can get the same shave with Y-razor in 2 passes. That is NOT me. I have to have WTG, XTG/ATG, and ATG or I don't get close to DFS. 3 passes with clean-up and I can get closer to BBS.

The MMOC is supposed to be aggressive, and can be scary for some. It used to be for me! Now I whip around my face with it like I do with my 1912s and my Techs. I tend to shave pretty fast. My pressure is light-ish, and my angle is shallow, and I get exemplary shaves.

Been using mine this week as well. It's probably the only GEM style SE I'll keep. Been experimenting with some blade samples. Not a fan of the Carbon blades...

Been using mine this week as well. It's probably the only GEM style SE I'll keep. Been experimenting with some blade samples. Not a fan of the Carbon blades...

I bought some Gem carbons and had one loaded up for a morning shave. This was at 4 o'clock in the morning when I'm getting ready for work and everyone else is still sound asleep.

That blade pulled and tugged so bad I had to abandon ship after 3 strokes! Fortunately I had my thick cap OT in the medicine cabinet loaded and ready and it easily saved the morning.

The PTFE blades are fantastic, but I'm not sure if the result I had with that carbon was a one-off, but I haven't had the courage to try them again :w00t:

Considering how many DE razors I own now, I hate to admit it, but I think the MMOC is my most efficient razor. Same number of passes gets me a closer, longer-lasting shave with little or no irritation. My Featherweight and 1912 Jr. don't get me the same results.

I bought some Gem carbons and had one loaded up for a morning shave. This was at 4 o'clock in the morning when I'm getting ready for work and everyone else is still sound asleep.

That blade pulled and tugged so bad I had to abandon ship after 3 strokes! Fortunately I had my thick cap OT in the medicine cabinet loaded and ready and it easily saved the morning.

The PTFE blades are fantastic, but I'm not sure if the result I had with that carbon was a one-off, but I haven't had the courage to try them again :w00t:

They work fine on my head, but I've been doing laser treatments for 6 months, so my hair is really thin. My beard is still like wire, and that's where I get the tugging.

Top Bottom