What's new

Pirate Beard & baby skin

First of all I can't get this image out of my head:

proxy.php

Are you locked into a DE? An injector or SE may be an option.

OC´s are no good for me

Not all OC are the same, though. Like not all safety bars are the same. The "teeth" can't irritate you any more than the safety bar on a non-OC razor. It's the blade that's irritating your skin. I wonder what your prep is like?

I have coarse hair and sensitive skin on my neck that is prone to irritation, and at this time, I'd say the following 3 are my top razors: Long Comb New, Red-Tip Superspeed, and Maggards/Stirlings housebrand razors with the "aggressive" head.
Others that I find to be very good for me: Merkur 38c, Schone OC, and 40s style Super Speeds.

What blades have you tried? Maybe you just haven't found the right blade, or you've been using Feathers or Derbys, in which case there's your problem. :001_smile

I assume it's the QShave/Ming Shi Futur clone which you've ordered? I shaved with that one today and it's very smooth set on about 4.5. Hopefully this one can give you a satisfactory shave, but I'm very curious about what blades you've been using.

It does sound like you need to limit the number of passes, so you probably want to use a moderately aggressive razor with a nice smooth blade like a GSB or Voskhod to get as much off as possible with your first pass.

As a last resort I did find this pirate-friendly razor:

bluebeards_revenge_cutlass_double_edge_safety_razor.jpeg

Not all OC are the same, though. Like not all safety bars are the same. The "teeth" can't irritate you any more than the safety bar on a non-OC razor. It's the blade that's irritating your skin. I wonder what your prep is like?

I have coarse hair and sensitive skin on my neck that is prone to irritation, and at this time, I'd say the following 3 are my top razors: Long Comb New, Red-Tip Superspeed, and Maggards/Stirlings housebrand razors with the "aggressive" head.
Others that I find to be very good for me: Merkur 38c, Schone OC, and 40s style Super Speeds.
my prep is in the shower, i use either food oli, a soap mix i have made my self or conditioner - all work well..

What blades have you tried? Maybe you just haven't found the right blade, or you've been using Feathers or Derbys, in which case there's your problem. :001_smile

I assume it's the QShave/Ming Shi Futur clone which you've ordered? I shaved with that one today and it's very smooth set on about 4.5. Hopefully this one can give you a satisfactory shave, but I'm very curious about what blades you've been using.

It does sound like you need to limit the number of passes, so you probably want to use a moderately aggressive razor with a nice smooth blade like a GSB or Voskhod to get as much off as possible with your first pass.

As a last resort I did find this pirate-friendly razor:

View attachment 795068
yes i hope that razor will do the trick - i have heard some good things about it... i have been using so many diff blades but my fav are voskhod, treet, lord, super max blue diamond titanium coated and of course feather..

thx i will check it out... how is it compared to the Lord L6, if you have that one....???

Top Bottom