What's new

Pink Woolf Oudh and Sandelwood shaving round from India

Hey Guys,
I just bought a Pink Woolf shaving soap. This is an Indian product and I bought it as I saw some good reviews about it in Amazon India. They also sent me sample bottles of their pre-shave oil and After Shave balm. The most touching thing was the hand written letter from the founder. I will trying it first thing tomorrow morning and share an update.

Thanks,
Bobby
IMG_20190226_195730.jpg
IMG_20190226_195831.jpg
IMG_20190226_195921.jpg
IMG_20190226_195951.jpg
IMG_20190226_200003.jpg
IMG_20190226_200204.jpg
Letter.jpg

Based on the ingredients list, it doesn't particularly seem like a saponified shave soap. All of the lathering action is going to come from the SLS.

Reactions: nav
Apologies for the delay in updating the results !

The soap has a mild sandalwood scent which does feel natural and not overpowering. The product is really very good considering the price range . It lathers very well and is slick too and my skin felt refreshed after using it. I would rate it at 9 ~ 9.5 /10

Bobby :)

Apologies for digging up an old thread. Based on the ingredients, how would you pros here rate this soap? (What's missing or what's harmful that's in there?)

Apologies for digging up an old thread. Based on the ingredients, how would you pros here rate this soap? (What's missing or what's harmful that's in there?)
It is not much to write home about. Just a generic hot pour soap with some color and cheap scent. Earlier photos claimed it is SLS free but when I called out they are using SLS by another name as per ingredient list, the owner changed the picture and went silent. In my opinion this guy has no idea about soap making.

Reactions: nav
Ummm yeah, this is not real "soap". It's a chemical concoction of SLS, PG and other detergents along with colors.

I bought it before going through this thread :blue:
Tried it once. I liked the smell. Its not overpowering and doesn't feel synthetic.
The lather was good and slick. Nothing to complain. I guess I will keep on using it once in a while.

Top Bottom