What's new

Pine Cones & Resin Brush

I am definitely in!!!

Oh.... wait... what? This one isn't up for grabs? :censored:

Beautiful work as always sir!
Ha ha ha. I actually had to go back and look at what was originally posted. It is a stunning handle, and I normally think of things as "just a handle."

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha. I actually had to go back and look at what was originally posted. It is a stunning handle, and I normally think of things as "just a handle."

He makes some beautiful stuff! I missed the one I really wanted on the marketplace. It was sold by the time I was able to hit the buy button. This one is pretty damn awesome as well!

@DCRIII - thanks Dave! I used the last of my turquoise on this & two pen blanks so I need to order more. I really like this color combo.

@Merle - thanks, this one really tested my patience

@sfeile @Lightcs1776 - this will probably find it's way into a PIF. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it with the flaws it has so I didn't permanently set the knot.

Yeah, I have to say that I like this one a lot as well. I'd definitely put my name in the hat for that PIF.
Nice work again. I'm really enjoying following your handle making adventures.

@sfeile - this will probably find it's way into a PIF. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it with the flaws it has so I didn't permanently set the knot.

If it does, I'm definitely in! I've been trying to stay out of most pifs because this site has been very good to me and I'm trying to give others their turn, but that one I wouldn't be able to pass on! :thumbup:

@DCRIII - thanks Dave! I used the last of my turquoise on this & two pen blanks so I need to order more. I really like this color combo.

@Merle - thanks, this one really tested my patience

@sfeile @Lightcs1776 - this will probably find it's way into a PIF. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it with the flaws it has so I didn't permanently set the knot.
You have been very generous with your brush handles. The pine cone one is pretty unique. You might want to hold onto it.

@TreadwayJohnA @meliahog @skypsyd Thank you for the kind words!

@Lightcs1776 - I see your point, but I've got enough resin & pine cones to make one whenever I get the urge. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I give away the handles that have a flaw, even very minor ones. The fact is I love making these things, and would end up eating Ramen every day if I chose to knot every handle I make. PIF'ing them gives me the opportunity to give back to the members that make this forum so great, as well as not having to waste leftover resin and handles that don't make the grade. And of course, I get to play at the hobby I love.

@TreadwayJohnA @meliahog @skypsyd Thank you for the kind words!

@Lightcs1776 - I see your point, but I've got enough resin & pine cones to make one whenever I get the urge. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I give away the handles that have a flaw, even very minor ones. The fact is I love making these things, and would end up eating Ramen every day if I chose to knot every handle I make. PIF'ing them gives me the opportunity to give back to the members that make this forum so great, as well as not having to waste leftover resin and handles that don't make the grade. And of course, I get to play at the hobby I love.
That's a great attitude. I am the same way with making bowls on a lathe, minus the perfectionist part - sometimes they just don't work out well.

Top Bottom