What's new

Pinaud Clubman smell "alike" ?

Hi guys..!

Being raised and lived in St-Leonard for 23 years..(also known a the Italian portion of Montreal )
I recall having been shaved and groomed by italian barbers, in an old style italian barber shop.

The scent that is head on, in my memories, of that kind of establishment is Pinaud Clubman aftershave !

Did you tried anything else that comes close, or on target, of that scent ? ( Like shaving soaps, cologne...etc )

...and that I wouldn't need to make a bank robbery to get it ?
:biggrin1:

Your help and commentaries is , as always, welcomed !!

Canoe by Dana is a nearly exact clone of Clubman.

I also think that Avon's Wild Country is pretty close to Clubman.

Brut is also in the same fragrance family, although quite a bit different from Clubman.

Anything described as a Fougere would have the same basic fragrance pyramid.

The powdery notes tend to remind people of barber shop smells. Most of the classic aftershaves have those notes. Wild Country, Brut, Floid Vigoroso, etc.

Brut is also in the same fragrance family, although quite a bit different from Clubman.

Canoe is like Clubman's twin brother.

Thanks for the info..will have a look at Canoe ! :biggrin1:

But for me , Brut is the poor cousin ...if I compare it to Pinaud. ( Too overpowering scent, for my taste ...)

The Lucky Tiger blue bottle (Aspen) i think will bring you back to those older days as it does for me.

Thanks for suggesting this one ...

Have you tried also Pinaud Clubman ? How does it compare ?

I'm skeptical, ( not of your opinion ) but because I had a bad experience scentwise with the Aqua Velva Blue we have here in Canada...which the low price and blue colour remind me of .

Is it as alcohol based as Aqua Velva ?

Thanks in advance !

Thanks for suggesting this one ...

Have you tried also Pinaud Clubman ? How does it compare ?

I'm skeptical, ( not of your opinion ) but because I had a bad experience scentwise with the Aqua Velva Blue we have here in Canada...which the low price and blue colour remind me of .

Is it as alcohol based as Aqua Velva ?

Thanks in advance !

In my opinion, Lucky Tiger Aspen is very different from AV and Clubman. It does have an old school vibe though, kinda spicy.

Pinaud also makes a talc so if you like talcs, then get it. Same scent (almost) as Clubman. As others have said, Canoe is the closest - although it is pricier. I can't tell the difference - which is somewhat interesting since I just discovered that Clubman was the same scent just a few years ago. Until then, I had to scrounge to find Canoe and would hoard it. Funny, since Clubman is available locally at Sally and Walgreens and always has been - for about 1/2 the price or less. Canoe has a nicer bottle, though. ;-}

Pinaud also makes a talc so if you like talcs, then get it. Same scent (almost) as Clubman. As others have said, Canoe is the closest - although it is pricier. I can't tell the difference - which is somewhat interesting since I just discovered that Clubman was the same scent just a few years ago. Until then, I had to scrounge to find Canoe and would hoard it. Funny, since Clubman is available locally at Sally and Walgreens and always has been - for about 1/2 the price or less. Canoe has a nicer bottle, though. ;-}

Canoe is pretty cheap as well, I bought an 8 oz bottle for $5 at Big Lots. You can also find some of the gift sets that include a bottle of cologne and AS for about $10 during the holiday season.

Hi guys..!

Being raised and lived in St-Leonard for 23 years..(also known a the Italian portion of Montreal )
I recall having been shaved and groomed by italian barbers, in an old style italian barber shop.

The scent that is head on, in my memories, of that kind of establishment is Pinaud Clubman aftershave !

Did you tried anything else that comes close, or on target, of that scent ? ( Like shaving soaps, cologne...etc )

...and that I wouldn't need to make a bank robbery to get it ?
:biggrin1:

Your help and commentaries is , as always, welcomed !!

I'm not clear but are you saying Pinaud Clubman is either not available to you or is too expensive?

I'm not clear but are you saying Pinaud Clubman is either not available to you or is too expensive?

It's probably my phrasing...I'm French, so sometimes my English is so so...:sad:

1- Pinaud IS available too me....( It's readily available in Canada via Well.ca..and cost only 10$ )

2- The expensive side was concerning the suggestions that people would give me.

I know that the sky's the limit when it comes to cologne and soap.

I wanted a shaving soap, or cologne ( or anything related...) that comes real close to Pinaud Clubman...but doen't cost too much, or smells cheap.

The kind folks in this forum gave me a lot of suggestions to stretch my Christmas list !!! :drool:

Thank you for pointing me in the good direction, it gave me the opportunity to clarify myself.:biggrin1:

Have a nice shave day !!!

I know of no soap that smells like clubman. You could take some VDH Deluxe melt it in the microwave and splash in some Clubman and make your own.

Top Bottom