What's new

Pinaud Bay Rum

I orderd Pinaud's Bay Rum from Amazon a while ago and I love it! However, when SWMBO kissed me on my cheek, she said it tasted awful and I smelled like tree sap. :frown:

Needless to say, I like it when she kisses me on the cheek, so it is out of my regular rotation.

After a few days of useage, I may have to abstain from the Master's Bay Rum. For whatever reason, it seems to leave a light film on my skin that causes a bit of irritation on my neck and under the chin when I have on my mask in the OR. I'm okay when I go solo with Thayer's Rose WH or my T&H A/S so it must be something in the bay rum. Other than that, I'll probably still try to wear it on regular days.

kozulich said:
So where can you get it? Clubman is available at Walgreens but I don't think I've seen bay rum there. Any advice?

It's not available at every Walgreen's. I would suggest looking at another Walgreen's in your area. Otherwise you can try Sally Beauty Supply if there is one nearby.

Also, since some of the Walgreen's carry the product tha means that any of them can order it. Ask a manager if you don't find it.

If none of these options works out than try some of the local barber shops, I know my barber sells some of the Pinaud products.

I'd have to agree that the Pinaud Bay Rum is pretty good. I have a bottle that stays out. Don't use it all the time, but it does get used frequently. It IS pretty powerful stuff though. Typically when I wear it I don't bother with any cologne or such since it would bore through just about anything anyway. ;)

It DOES have a bite to it. I believe it's cause of the alcohol combined with clove/cinnimon oils. It certainly wakes you up in the morning, ESPECIALLY if you 've had a slightly irritating shave. :eek:

I HAVE noticed the "film" it leaves on your skin though. In the right light this actually shows up as a "sheen" on your skin. It almost looks like you have a thin film of liquid latex or something like that on. Never irritated me, but certainly noticable.

It's also been noticed by the wifey. If she kisses anywhere that "film" is, the next 5 minutes will be followed by "pfft, yuk... *spit*... ack... pfft..." etc... :tongue:

On the plus side, it's rare that if we kiss, it's on the cheek, so she normally never notices... It's normally only during intimate bedroom moments that a cheek kiss might come into play... And for those that might be wondering, yes, the aforementioned "pfft, yuk... *spit*... ack... pfft..." etc... can be detremental to that mood... :lol:

Great fragrance on Pinaud Bay Rum but too strong for my face...soooo I've been using it as a splash on cologne when I use Burt Bees After Shave Balm. The combo works very well together since Burt Bees rum cologne has been discontinued.

As far as other Pinaud products are concerned, I bought some "GEO Extraordinary After Shave" by Pinaud and also "Special Reserve" Clubman (Burgundy & Mustard Label). The problem is that 5 minutes after putting them on, I feel like showering again...the smell of both remind me of Grandma's perfumes !

BTW - Regular Clubman is not bad. That one I like.

Love the Bay Rum, after a shave it really wakes you up. It stings in all the right ways. What I mean is it actually hurts a little for the first couple of minutes, and then it gives your face a warm, fuzzy feeling that continues for another half an hour or so. I love it, and now I really look forward the end of the shave so I can SPLASH this on liberally. Never noticed a sheen or film, the scent lasts for hours but not too strong, and the wife will come over just to smell it. What more can you ask for?

crackstar said:
damn! I wish I knew where to find Pinaud bay rum aftershave in Montreal, I also love it.

Jeff

I think I've seen Pinaud Clubman products ar Zeller's (Atwater) ; not sure about the aftershave though

LOL, I loved these anecdotal comments. I am quite a snob about scents, and I love Pinaud bay rum. It's a little strong for wearing to work, but whenver I have a long drive to make I splash a ton of it on before leaving so I can enjoy it all the way there... This is the kind of stuff that makes you cup your hands to your face to smell yourself all day, and makes you sad when it's gone.

rusirius said:
I'd have to agree that the Pinaud Bay Rum is pretty good. I have a bottle that stays out. Don't use it all the time, but it does get used frequently. It IS pretty powerful stuff though. Typically when I wear it I don't bother with any cologne or such since it would bore through just about anything anyway. ;)

It DOES have a bite to it. I believe it's cause of the alcohol combined with clove/cinnimon oils. It certainly wakes you up in the morning, ESPECIALLY if you 've had a slightly irritating shave. :eek:

I HAVE noticed the "film" it leaves on your skin though. In the right light this actually shows up as a "sheen" on your skin. It almost looks like you have a thin film of liquid latex or something like that on. Never irritated me, but certainly noticable.

It's also been noticed by the wifey. If she kisses anywhere that "film" is, the next 5 minutes will be followed by "pfft, yuk... *spit*... ack... pfft..." etc... :tongue:

On the plus side, it's rare that if we kiss, it's on the cheek, so she normally never notices... It's normally only during intimate bedroom moments that a cheek kiss might come into play... And for those that might be wondering, yes, the aforementioned "pfft, yuk... *spit*... ack... pfft..." etc... can be detremental to that mood... :lol:

I just picked up some Pinaud Bay Rum yesterday at Eckerds, based mainly on everyone's recomendations, and boy were you guys right on! Great stuff for an unbeatable price! I haven't ever seen it for sale anyplace else around here, so I went back today and bought the only other bottle they had on the shelf :biggrin: !

When I run out I'm going to buy the big bottle from classicshaving... Mmmm, yum. Someone mentioned cinammon, and I realized, that's IT. That's what lends it that warm spicy winter-time smell. Love this stuff.

JMT said:
It's not available at every Walgreen's. I would suggest looking at another Walgreen's in your area. Otherwise you can try Sally Beauty Supply if there is one nearby.

Also, since some of the Walgreen's carry the product tha means that any of them can order it. Ask a manager if you don't find it.

If none of these options works out than try some of the local barber shops, I know my barber sells some of the Pinaud products.
My local sally beauty supply had only the clubman scent not bay rum. They did, however have a different brand of bay rum which I did not buy. Has anybody tried it? I can't even remember the name.

Probably Master's bay rum. That's what the one close to me has. I like the scent but I use it as an aftershave for the face and it leaves a stickly film on my face.

John

jtmo3 said:
Probably Master's bay rum. That's what the one close to me has. I like the scent but I use it as an aftershave for the face and it leaves a stickly film on my face.

John
Masters, yup, that was it!

I've read so many good thngs about Pinaud Bay Rum that I just had to give it a try. I couldn't find any locally so was forced to order some online. I just placed the order so hopefully it will arrive later this week.

I like the idea that it has some staying power.

teamacacia said:
I stopped by the local Sally Beauty Supply to pick up some stuff for SWMBO and while browsing the isles came upon a small stock of men's grooming supplies including pinaud/clubman and the master's bay rum. I opened up the bottle and gave it a smell...nearly just like the after shave the barber used to put on us after he would shave the back of the neck, ears and sideburns with when I was a kid! I decided to pick up a bottle for only $6.00 and was wondering if anyone out there has used this and could compare it to any others.
Thanks

I just picked up a bottle of Clubman at the local Sally's too. Unfortunately, they didn't have the Bay Rum in stock: I would love to have tried that too.

I agree 100% with you about the scent of this stuff transporting me to a barbershop when I was a kid.:rolleyes:

Cheers,

M

mchamp

Hey guys, after looking at this forum for a while, I decided to try Pinaud Bay Rum. I ordered the 6 ounce bottle from classicshaving.com, but when I got it, I found that I didn't really like it. So i'm selling the nearly un-used bottle on eBay at a discount. I know there a lot of folks out there who are interested in trying it, so this would be a good chance to get some at low cost.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260040377690

Top Bottom