What's new

pilot iroshizuku Asa-Gao morning glory - first impressions

So...been on a FP frenzy during November and picked a bottle of this up. The packaging, bottle and color in the bottle are all top notch. Inked up a Custom heritage 92 and was really wowed by the color...it came off wetter than expected and as such, I had quite a bit of shading with this ink...it also wasn't super saturated which some folks suggested in reviews on different forums/vendor sites. I shook the bottle vigorously prior to inking IOT ensure uniformity of contents.

Anyone else like this stuff? I'm curious if folks have seen variances from bottle to bottle as most of the reviews I've read suggest it's one solid color, highly saturated w/little shading.

I like it a lot, I'm still on my first bottle so I can't speak about variations from bottle to bottle. I like the shading and like you didn't notice much saturation. I think this would be a nice ink in a flex nib.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It seems my bottle, which I got when it first appeared on the market, is a medium saturation and doesn't need to be shaken.

My gripe is it bleeds too much for me on many good quality papers -- my pens run rich though. Annoying.

It seems my bottle, which I got when it first appeared on the market, is a medium saturation and doesn't need to be shaken.

My gripe is it bleeds too much for me on many good quality papers -- my pens run rich though. Annoying.

Nemo...my Custom Heritage also runs rich. Maybe that's the problem. On a finer nib it might appear more thorough...

I should note that I've been thinking about Asa-Gao for days now but in reality, the ink I'm speaking of in the OP was Kon Peki....which clearly has more shading from the reviews....Oops...dufus I am.

:p

Top Bottom