What's new

PIF to celebrate my 1 year anniversary on B&B

IMG_0777.JPG

First car. 74 LTD.

IMG_0779.JPG

Dream car: Just about anything with this engine in it. NRE 632 Twin Turbo. 2,700HP, 2,100fp. Torque on race gas. Only makes 1,500hp on pump gas. A Chevy II would work.
Not in. Nice PIF. Fun to dream.:a17:

I'm in

First car: 1966 Ford galaxies 500 with a 390 engine. I paid $250 for this beautiful hot rod in 1979

Dream car: Audi A8

Current car: 2014 Honda Accord --- I've got a long way to go

View attachment 809523

First car. 74 LTD.

View attachment 809526

Dream car: Just about anything with this engine in it. NRE 632 Twin Turbo. 2,700HP, 2,100fp. Torque on race gas. Only makes 1,500hp on pump gas. A Chevy II would work.
Not in. Nice PIF. Fun to dream.:a17:
That looks like the car the grizwalds drove...but in any case that engine should go in that car and be the ultimate sleeper.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

That looks like the car the grizwalds drove...but in any case that engine should go in that car and be the ultimate sleeper.

It wasn't very cool as a 16 year old, but it had certain advantages.:a17:

It wasn't very cool as a 16 year old, but it had certain advantages.:a17:
At 16 I didn't care what it was I was driving as long as it had 4 wheels and went...but I would think that things big back end was useful.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Great PIF. Not in.

My first was a 1972 Chevy C10 pickup. 350 V8, Holley 750 4 barrel carb, Hooker headers with strait 3 inch pipe and flowmasters, MSD electrical, limited slip rear diff, and a rebuilt TH 350 with a kick-down cable (rebuilt because I trashed the original). That truck would fly down the road. I have no idea how many miles it had on it, when I bought it the speedometer cable was broken so the odometer didn't work. Due to the broken cable I had no idea how fast I was actually going. If I really romped on the gas pedal I could watch the gas gauge needle drop, but gas was less than a dollar a gallon so who cared. The guy I bought it from had redone the upholstery in the cab, by the time I was done abusing the truck there was literally grass growing in the floorboard from countless trips to the Ag farm, not to mention the numerous hunting and fishing excursions. I sold it because I was tired of chasing vacuum leaks in the engine compartment. For some reason it never occurred to me to change out all the vacuum tubing at once instead of doing them 1 at a time when they would start to leak. I've kicked myself many times over the years for selling it.

My dream car would be to have that truck again.

Great PIF. Not in.

My first was a 1972 Chevy C10 pickup. 350 V8, Holley 750 4 barrel carb, Hooker headers with strait 3 inch pipe and flowmasters, MSD electrical, limited slip rear diff, and a rebuilt TH 350 with a kick-down cable (rebuilt because I trashed the original). That truck would fly down the road. I have no idea how many miles it had on it, when I bought it the speedometer cable was broken so the odometer didn't work. Due to the broken cable I had no idea how fast I was actually going. If I really romped on the gas pedal I could watch the gas gauge needle drop, but gas was less than a dollar a gallon so who cared. The guy I bought it from had redone the upholstery in the cab, by the time I was done abusing the truck there was literally grass growing in the floorboard from countless trips to the Ag farm, not to mention the numerous hunting and fishing excursions. I sold it because I was tired of chasing vacuum leaks in the engine compartment. For some reason it never occurred to me to change out all the vacuum tubing at once instead of doing them 1 at a time when they would start to leak. I've kicked myself many times over the years for selling it.

My dream car would be to have that truck again.
Sweet! my dad is building one that body style that he is almost done with with an ls1 in it.
proxy.php

I'm in!

My first car: 1972 Toyota Corolla sedan. It was originally a family car. My mother and one of my sisters drove it around. It had an AM radio in it with an FM convertor box. My sister painted it dark blue using boat paint and a paint brush. Before I got it, my mother drove it off the road during the winter and dropped reverse. I didn't pay anything for it but it ran!

Dream car: A '52 or '53 VW Beetle. With the split rear window and the oval dash. I know, not a flashy or fast car but I just love old VW's!!

Bonus: Cheapest car (besides my first free one). While stationed in West Germany in the 80's, I bought an old VW beetle (I think it was late 60's model). It was four different colors (from multiple repairs) had two different color doors. I paid $25 cash for it from a guy who was returning to the states. Drove that car all over the place, Italy, Belgium, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, France, Switzerland and all over West Germany. When I left to go back to the states, I sold it for $25.

I paid $25 cash for it from a guy who was returning to the States... (and) I sold it for $25.

God bless you. There's too many people in the world that think their used car is made out of gold bricks. Thank you for being a good guy!

I'm in!

My first car: 1972 Toyota Corolla sedan. It was originally a family car. My mother and one of my sisters drove it around. It had an AM radio in it with an FM convertor box. My sister painted it dark blue using boat paint and a paint brush. Before I got it, my mother drove it off the road during the winter and dropped reverse. I didn't pay anything for it but it ran!

Dream car: A '52 or '53 VW Beetle. With the split rear window and the oval dash. I know, not a flashy or fast car but I just love old VW's!!

Bonus: Cheapest car (besides my first free one). While stationed in West Germany in the 80's, I bought an old VW beetle (I think it was late 60's model). It was four different colors (from multiple repairs) had two different color doors. I paid $25 cash for it from a guy who was returning to the states. Drove that car all over the place, Italy, Belgium, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, France, Switzerland and all over West Germany. When I left to go back to the states, I sold it for $25.
I have always heard stories when I was in the army of people getting super cheap cars when getting stationed in Germany and selling them for just as cheap to the guys replacing them. I unfortunately never made it to Germany and Korea they didn't let us have personal cars unless you did a long tour with family...I only did a year there by my self.

God bless you. There's too many people in the world that think their used car is made out of gold bricks. Thank you for being a good guy!
It was definitely NOT a money making car. There were three or four cars that were what we called "shop cars". They were passed around within different work sections when someone was leaving. Normally they were all sold for the same price they were bought for. There was an old VW Rabbit that was also a shop car. It had an electric radiator fan that would not automatically shut off. So whenever a trip was made off base, the fan had to be plugged in and then unplugged when you got to your destination. It even had the radio antenna inside the car between the two front seats. Another car that was a shop car (one of the more expensive ones due to it being a Mercedes) had a bad headlight connection and was "rigged up" with a pull string cable by the light switch that when pulled and released would "tap" the headlight. It had to be "tapped" a few times until it came on.

Yep, "hoopty" cars. But what else would you expect from a bunch of helicopter mechanics who would rather spend money on drinking then fixing a car the right way. LOL

I'm in. Have recently looked at this razor. My first car was a '66 Volkswagon Beetle. Dream car =current car is a '12 Jeep Rubicon.

Not in, but my first car was a 1966 Dodge Dart 4-door with a slant six and a three on the tree. I paid $250 in 1992 and drove it every day for almost 10 years.

My dream car is in my barn being restored. A 1967 Plymouth GTX with a 440.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first car was a 1988 Toyota Celica. My dream car would be a tough call. It changes almost daily, but the 2 that show up often are a 1967 Corvette Stingray Convertible or a Koenigsegg (Any of them).

I'm in.

I'm in , first car was a 70 split bumper camaro , my dream car a 73 hemi cuda. Thanks for a chance at a great PIF.

I'm In
My first car was a 1965 fully loaded
T-Bird I paid $250. In 1972 and my dream car would be one the 1980's or 90's
Silver Shadow Rolls Royce..
Thanks for the opportunity to win the PIF

Top Bottom