What's new

PIF: How Long to 3017 MdC?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Way too deep after 2 straight 16 hour shifts
Thanks for your service brother.

I don't miss the time away from family, or being on call, or days where I had no idea what day it was, lol, but...

I sure miss serving folks that need it when they need it. Retirement does not fill that void.

So keep on keeping on, dream of retirement, but don't do it, lol!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
giphy.gif

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am thinking 8 more years and then retire.
But who knows.

FarmerTan

I am thinking 8 more years and then retire.
But who knows.
I had no choice. Health. But if you do retire, have a plan. God has given us enough for our daily bread, but the mental aspect has been hard. I hope this winter to re-embrace my artistic side, but seriously: for those of us that enjoy an adrenaline centered job, losing that is... difficult.

martym

I will be spending lots of time at the ranch.
I also love to read and I can do the gym twice a day everyday if I have the time.
And we must not forget fishing. It’s only 90 minutes to South Padre Island. Trout and Redfish

FarmerTan

I will be spending lots of time at the ranch.
I also love to read and I can do the gym twice a day everyday if I have the time.
And we must not forget fishing. It’s only 90 minutes to South Padre Island. Trout and Redfish
I need to get back to fishing! Thanks for the reminder.

martym

Fishing and hunting are extremely relaxing. I can sit in the blind all weekend, see some nice deer, see some nice hogs, and not even pick up my rifle.
I can sit in the boat right in the middle of the Laguna Madre and not even bait a hook.

It’s just the relaxing, clearing the mind part I enjoy most. Even better while doing it with my father.

Today I washed dishes and cooked some breakfast and washed the breakfast dishes. I polished my work boots and cleaned my duty weapon and gear.

Then I cut my hair, showered, and shaved.
For me, sitting at home is not relaxing. There is always something that needs doing here.
Maybe a nap.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Wife...........What are you doing, honey?
Husband.....Nothing, dear.
Wife...........Didn't you do that yesterday? (frowning)
Husband.....I'm not finished.

martym

I can do things around the house all day and as soon as I have showered and then sit on my recliner to relax my wife will ask me to do something or get her something.
You would think that after all of these years she would have learned.
My stock answer is No, you had all day to ask me. I am 10-42.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I had no choice. Health. But if you do retire, have a plan. God has given us enough for our daily bread, but the mental aspect has been hard. I hope this winter to re-embrace my artistic side, but seriously: for those of us that enjoy an adrenaline centered job, losing that is... difficult.

Agree 100%. My father retired with no plan. Just figured he'd do whatever came to mind. Getting sucked into the cable news cycle and the couch is what came to mind. His health has deteriorated.

Find a hobby that consumes you, volunteer with some organization or group you care about, but do something to get off your *** each day. As we age it's truly a case of use it or lose it.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
There is always something that needs doing here.

Between a house and a ranch, there would always be something that needs doing.

Dont forget Salmon. They call them King for a reason!

Unofficial Ontario Record Chinook Salmon.jpg

me4.jpg

@rockviper.

Both caught in the Credit River in Erindale Park between Dundas and Burnhamthorpe, Mississauga. 26 years ago, damn...

As my grandmother once said "The older you get, the faster time goes by." She was right.

Top Bottom