What's new

PIF: How Long to 3017 MdC?

I agree with things typically happening in three, time for some good stuff to happen and great optimistic outlook on things.

Starting to make a dent with that wee scot. Just keep using that for another year and a half of great shaves.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Any chance of a photo of the jar in question? Our would that hurt the mystery?
Won’t hurt the mystery. Just some feelings.
59796F6A-7532-4C60-B5EF-F6EFFFD7AEA8.jpeg

martym

Hello all!
Still here and still shaving.
Life has just been a little tough recently.

A little venting here: please please no politics!!
I started working at 15. I am now 54.

In December of 2017 we moved to Houston for a month because of my wife’s brain tumor.
We returned home but made bi-weekly 2 day trips to Houston for follow ups, and she returned to work in May.
In June our home was destroyed by flood. Four months later we returned to our rebuilt home.

We both work for Uncle Sam!
31 December was our last paycheck!

Through all that other stuff we never missed any payments and had no financial issues. We were getting our “base” paychecks and using savings to cover the extra medical and home rebuild. (Insurance doesn’t come close to covering it all.)

Now this mess!
Two checks every two weeks gone.
Still working 40 hours a week and at least 2 overtime shifts a pay period. Sometimes more.
Still buying gas and food. Still paying mortgage and other bills.
Still required to meet ALL financial obligations.
Wife is at work now and I go in shortly.
For all you Game Of Throne fans: WINTER IS COMING!!!!!!!

Thank you!
I feel better!
Stay safe
That is all
Carry on

Hang in there martym. Have you looked into low or no interest loans? Mostly I'm interested in how easy or difficult that may be to arrange. Doesn't help that you have to be at work while trying to deal with all of this.

martym

Not yet.
Not at that point yet.
Don’t want loans.
The deals they are offering aren’t as sweet as they make them out to be once you look into them.
But we are okay for another month or two. Hopefully
Just needed to get it off my chest.

Funny part?
It’s like when I was a kid growing up.
Beans and tortillas
Potato and egg tacos
Bean and egg
Spam and egg
Chicken and rice
My house smells like grandma’s!!

We have a good friend who's an air traffic controller that's in the same boat. Sorry, man. Ridiculous to require people to work without pay.

A friend of mine just posted this on another site. Good to know there's options.

"Please share with those federal employees you know who are affected by the shutdown:

The United Methodist Credit Union is offering 0% APR loans for those affected by the government shutdown. Employees that may need paycheck replacement during the current shutdown should contact TUMCU at 866-657-0004 for details.

Please share broadly."

martym

I have learned a lot this month.

If you are furloughed (at home) you qualify for unemployment but because you are a Federal Employee you must pay it all back.
If you are a Federal Employee working without pay you do not qualify for Unemployment.

At 1st any leave taken would be without pay. Then they changed it to docking sick or annual.

Curious though that all who are at home accrue annual and sick leave and can go to doctor or visit family and not be docked leave. And they will be paid for all back pay.
However. Those who are working must take leave to miss a day.

Hmmmm

We have a good friend who's an air traffic controller that's in the same boat. Sorry, man. Ridiculous to require people to work without pay.
+1. Regardless of where you stand on the underlying politics, it's ridiculous to impact so many peoples' lives by depriving them of a paycheck. I especially appreciate those who have continued to work without pay (regardless of their feelings) in order to keep life for the rest of us moving.

martym

Thank you!!
I have always put politics aside on this.

THERE ARE NO WINNERS

AMERICA LOSES NOT MATTER THE OUTCOME

AMERICA HAS ALREADY LOST

martym

Today’s shave was really smooth.
I worked the soap much more because I wasn’t in a hurry. Very smooth and creamy.

Just heard that the gov will be temporarily open. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for you to get paid. Hoping it is soon.

martym

Me too.
Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday.
It will take some time for them to figure it all out.
There were 4 holidays in there and “lieu” holidays that have to be figured.
And for us Sunday pay. We get it if we work but not if we take annual or sick leave.
In the past we have simply been paid based on what our schedule was that was computer generated and even if we had leave on a holiday or Sunday we got the premium pay!
Just another nightmare for payroll.

But very glad to get back on pay status and praying it holds up.

Hello all!
Still here and still shaving.
Life has just been a little tough recently.

A little venting here: please please no politics!!
I started working at 15. I am now 54.

In December of 2017 we moved to Houston for a month because of my wife’s brain tumor.
We returned home but made bi-weekly 2 day trips to Houston for follow ups, and she returned to work in May.
In June our home was destroyed by flood. Four months later we returned to our rebuilt home.

We both work for Uncle Sam!
31 December was our last paycheck!

Through all that other stuff we never missed any payments and had no financial issues. We were getting our “base” paychecks and using savings to cover the extra medical and home rebuild. (Insurance doesn’t come close to covering it all.)

Now this mess!
Two checks every two weeks gone.
Still working 40 hours a week and at least 2 overtime shifts a pay period. Sometimes more.
Still buying gas and food. Still paying mortgage and other bills.
Still required to meet ALL financial obligations.
Wife is at work now and I go in shortly.
For all you Game Of Throne fans: WINTER IS COMING!!!!!!!

Thank you!
I feel better!
Stay safe
That is all
Carry on

I have to say, even for a rant/vent your positive attitude comes out. Keep it up. Sorry to hear of your misfortune (and others affected).

Keep up the positivity. Enjoy the small things you can...shaving with MdC for a year.

Top Bottom