What's new

PIF Grosevenor Boar/Badger mix brush

Please count me in, thank you for the generous offer.
I've only ever used badger as I have pretty sensitive skin and have been thinking that pure boar might be too scratchy, but I do have a couple soaps on order so am hoping to find the best match for my skin

Total newbie to this site and just placed my order from Westcoast Shaving for my first DE razor (an EJ DE89), but no brush yet other than the chepo from the AOS starter set.

If not too late, I would love to be counted in as well. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
the brush in the aos starter isnt terrible, ive been using one since i started in march/april. it does the job, nothing more nothing less.

That's good to hear, hopefully mine will settle as well then. I have used it twice now and both time it shed like nobody's business, to the point where I had to pick the hairs out the water before opening the drain as I did not want to clog the drain. Maybe I just got a lemon.....

That's good to hear, hopefully mine will settle as well then. I have used it twice now and both time it shed like nobody's business, to the point where I had to pick the hairs out the water before opening the drain as I did not want to clog the drain. Maybe I just got a lemon.....
it shed for a little while, but i havent lost a hair in over a month now. make sure the water isnt too crazy hot cuz when its steaming in the basin is when i notice it tends to shed more!

it shed for a little while, but i havent lost a hair in over a month now. make sure the water isnt too crazy hot cuz when its steaming in the basin is when i notice it tends to shed more!

Thanks for the hint json; I'll pay attention to that going forward. I did have it in the sink soaking. And just to confirm, the one I have is the small one that came with the $25 starter set (store said it was synthetic), not the badger one that comes with the full size kit.

OP, sorry for hijack......

Last edited:
+1 for sorry on hijacking

OCMagnum: yes were talking about the same one, i soak it in my lather bowl with hot water surrounding it in the sink. *shrugs* could be a QC thing too, as ive had some good experiences with aos and ive had terrible ones.

Top Bottom