What's new

PIF - Fresh Roast Coffee - U pick - I Roast 4 U

I'm in!! You pick...not sure where to even start as I only drink Chock Full of Nuts. I'll take whatever you have that is BOLD (like needing a full 3 pass shave after each cup bold). :)

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Clock is running.... When the grinders run out someone will get picked

proxy.php

Well if you finished those grinders in an hour, I'll bet you're WIRED!!! I'm afraid that this offer is simply too generous to pass up. I'm going to have to place my entry for the Indian Shevaroy. I don't get to try many Indian coffees. Thanks for running a great PIF!

two questions one when does this or did this end already

The PIF closes when both of my grinders run out of coffee.

"Guesstimate" 3 or 4 days from today..... maybe... depends.... I may make a couple 2 cup press brews in the evening or may use the vacuum pot for 6 cups.... Typically I run my commercial Bunn for my daily brew and this eats 60 grams of ground coffee to make a 12 cup pot.... so.... Who knows... I may brew a pot of tea instead of coffee....

and two which one is a good dark bold coffee?

As to your question about dark bold....

I roast each coffee based on what level it wants to be roasted to.

When I get in a supply of beans I will do my first roast and start pulling beans around 395 degrees. I "pump" the tryer to empty about 20-30 grams of beans into a glass or bowl. I will continue to take "samples" every 5 degrees up to around 440 degrees which is where they start to "go over the edge of the world"

or just before they burst into flames $flaming.gif

I will then "cup" the tryer pulls from the roast to determine the roast level those beans perform the best at (where it goes from ok to wow to yea baby). I will then roast the rest of my purchase to that roast level.

That is how I do my first roast of a new (to me) coffee

I try to order 8+ pounds of the same coffee at a time which gives me several months of great coffee out of that bag.

Mick that is a nice stash of green beans. A great PIF offer.
I am not in, as I want others to have the opportunity for freshly roasted coffee or a new origin.

Tick Tock.... Tick Tock.... The grinder clock is running. Like sand through the hour glass the beans slowly disappear.

Get in before both grinders run out of coffee as that is when I will run the random selector and someone will get the coffee of their choice. Just a few beans remain at the bottom of one and the other is almost full.

proxy.php

Very nice color on those beans! What is the roast, City?

Beans on the right were taken to 425 degrees @ 11:10 minutes (Pacific Rim)

Beans on the left were taken to 410 degrees @ 12:30 minutes (S. America)

Shows you the difference in region and how each type will roast (time to temp). Soft and hard bean examples. Washed and Natural processed.

This is why my first roast with a coffee is to determine where to take the roast to. After that I just follow the roast profile for that coffee for each subsequent roast.

Beans on the right were taken to 425 degrees @ 11:10 minutes (Pacific Rim)

Beans on the left were taken to 410 degrees @ 12:30 minutes (S. America)

Shows you the difference in region and how each type will roast (time to temp). Soft and hard bean examples. Washed and Natural processed.

This is why my first roast with a coffee is to determine where to take the roast to. After that I just follow the roast profile for that coffee for each subsequent roast.
Thanks. I just went back to page one and found one of your roast profiles, great information! Your set-up is amazing, too.

Very impressive setup Mick!
I'm in and should I be the fortunate one I'll leave it up to dealer's choice. I've got to get into this forum more often, although I'm sure it will be wildly enabling...

I'm in. Would want some guidance from you should I be so fortunate to win.

sick roaster, thanks for the chance.

Top Bottom