What's new

PIF a Week #19: Package of Fresh Roasted Coffee

It doesn't happen often, but this time the winner is the last one who entered...Gig103.

Send me your real name and address Gig and pick out one of the coffees below (or blend of the coffees) and how you prefer to have them roasted and I'll do my best to hit that level of roast.

Congrats.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 31
It doesn't happen often, but this time the winner is the last one who entered...Gig103.

Send me your real name and address Gig and pick out one of the coffees below (or blend of the coffees) and how you prefer to have them roasted and I'll do my best to hit that level of roast.

Congrats.

That Guatamalan El Turbante makes outstanding coffee and espresso. Light Vienna is the way to fly on that one.

Awesome, thanks! I'm looking for a good espresso right now. I did some reading on Sweet Maria's, and considered Seth's advice. I'll PM you my address, but I'm going to take the Guatemalan, as a Full City roast.

Badger & Blade rocks :)

I feel that a review is in order. The coffee arrived only a few days post-roast, and has a nice aroma and nice color. I had asked for a full city roast and that's what I got! In the photo attached, the top half is from Redbird Espresso and is advertised as a "Rich Medium", for comparison of how well oakeshott did.

I had some grinder issues that prevented me from trying this until this morning. The ground Guatemalan is very fluffy and nice as the aromas start to come out. My grind is still a little off, so my shot (also pictured) was a 17g dose in about 19 seconds. I can't wait to dial it in a little more tomorrow morning and post a follow up, but even as drawn it was tasty. I can't provide scent or flavor profiles, I do not have that good a palate, but I know I am already enjoying the generosity and it can get even better as I dial in the grind.

Thanks!

Attachments

• $IMAG1157.jpg
    $IMAG1157.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 20
  • $IMAG1158.jpg
    $IMAG1158.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 21
I feel that a review is in order. The coffee arrived only a few days post-roast, and has a nice aroma and nice color. I had asked for a full city roast and that's what I got! In the photo attached, the top half is from Redbird Espresso and is advertised as a "Rich Medium", for comparison of how well oakeshott did.

I had some grinder issues that prevented me from trying this until this morning. The ground Guatemalan is very fluffy and nice as the aromas start to come out. My grind is still a little off, so my shot (also pictured) was a 17g dose in about 19 seconds. I can't wait to dial it in a little more tomorrow morning and post a follow up, but even as drawn it was tasty. I can't provide scent or flavor profiles, I do not have that good a palate, but I know I am already enjoying the generosity and it can get even better as I dial in the grind.

Thanks!
Thanks so much for sharing the results and I'm really glad you liked it. I've not seen any of my roasts in their espresso form so that final pic is a real treat.

Top Bottom