What's new

PIF - Fresh Roast Coffee - U pick - I Roast 4 U

Did not get much time today to be on B&B. Too many fires to put out after doing a core level upgrade of PHP on my #8 server.

After grinding this morning the beans are going down. I'd say 2 more days left before the last grinder runs out of beans and I roast again..

proxy.php

Lower after this morning's brew....

Looks like tomorrow might be the day the beans finish flowing through the grinders

There's still time to get in on this PIF

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I cant take it it- I'm in. Should I win I would go Kenyan Peaberry. If not, i am going to find some to buy

PIF is still open. After making my morning coffee it looks like tomorrow will be the day,

When I stared I did not realize how long it would take me to grind through two hoppers worth of beans but from what is left in the last grinder this morning, tomorrow will be the final day of this PIF. That is, unless I decide to make a second pot of joe later today in which case it will be gone today and the PIF will close then

Still time to get in:

Open to everyone

If you need your coffee ground, tell me what you will be brewing in when I contact you and I will grind your beans. Honestly it WILL taste better if you grind just before you brew but if you are a "Folgers" guy I will grind everything before sending it so that you can enjoy it. 13 oz should only last you a week of every day big pot brewing so the loss in quality may not be noticeable until you are at the end of the coffee.

Not much coffee left in the grinder so hurry if you want in!!!!

proxy.php

I wonder what will go on my roasting record dry erase board tomorrow..... Hummm......

proxy.php

4:30 am and I am looking at your roast record. I guess I'll stay awake and drool. I don't know why that intrigues me. I think I just enjoy seeing other people's organizational systems, or lack thereof. Some people's desks make me wince.

Why the 4 month gap 11/6/15 - 3/6/16?

Anyway, looking forward to the next roast. Will you be documenting the roasting process on this thread so we can all get even more envious of the winner? I know I'd love to see the process. Thanks again for the PIF. Truly superb!

4:30 am and I am looking at your roast record. I guess I'll stay awake and drool. I don't know why that intrigues me. I think I just enjoy seeing other people's organizational systems, or lack thereof. Some people's desks make me wince.

I just list the date and what I roasted. That way I can see at a glance what was roasted when and if I need to go back into an origin. Most have been finished off. Once I get to the end, I erase the left side and start again, until I need to move over then I erase the right and continue until both columns are full then start over again

It is nothing more than "gee how long has it been since I roasted that stuff" kind of record, nothing more.

Why the 4 month gap 11/6/15 - 3/6/16?

Ah the infamous coffee gap........

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/481446-Mick-s-(coffee)-Wall-of-Shame

Today is the day....

Both grinders are empty

proxy.php

There were 97 posts in the thread but only 66 unique B&B members (excluding myself and the duplicate posts)

I saw that using a random # picker out of 97 would make ME the winner for most of the choices :sad:

SO.....

I found a random list picker where I could enter in the username of each person who responded and have them picked out of the list of 66 names in the list.

AND.......

proxy.php

This is the list of 66 members who responded to this PIF and went into the list picker routine. I tried to make sure that everyone was listed and there there were no dups.

CurtisB81
Parjay
Rory1262
dangerousdon
211bma
Price
eastomjac
huskers
xillion
Prof. Moriarty
Billski
Catalinbread
DCRIII
Acmemfg
EazyE73
TexLaw
Savager
matwho
Pine
ciderguy
ShaverGN
CigarSmoka
Poster
kevman4christ
mr_eleven
ItsTaz
YKMV
mcgorman
badnorwegian
gwsmallwood
oddsrule
Shave Jacket
TobyC
Red Rider
golem
tlentz
gvw755
Mtn Man
Morman Bridge
NJDJ
brianjc
JayEddie
AbbyW2
NJBob
octoserge
davent
q345
oc_in_fw
imatabor
GaMedic12112
abush1984
TropicalHotDogNight
Gnomeo0228
Avvatar
mr_houston
StillShaving
abush1984
jesseix
musicman1951
Kooze
polishaver
Heron
Wiwicks
thebeardedone
LRose
tlentz

Now off to roast some coffee.......

A BIG thanks to all who took the time to participated in this PIF. I hope to do another one in the future so keep coming back to the Cafe forum, join in, and enjoy the company : View attachment 681842

I'll ask to keep this thread open so that any who want to comment (complain) can do so and so that the winner can come back and talk about the coffee they received.

Once again a BIG thanks to all who participated For those that did not win, go get yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy life.

I am sorry that I could not make all of you the winners you so truly are!!!!!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Congratulations to the winner! Thank you, Mick, for such a generous and interesting PIF!!! :a14:

I can hardly wait to hear about the coffee!

The green coffee is all weighted out and waiting for the roaster to come up to temp.....

talk to everyone in a couple of hours after I finish these 4 pounds of goodness :yesnod:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom