What's new

PIF for SE Lurkers: GEM PushButton w/3 PTFE Blades!

Okay, you are checking out the Single Edge section, but you haven't committed to trying SE ... yet!

Here is your chance at getting a GEM PushButton SE razor with 3 PTFE SE blades for FREE!

$pif4.jpg View attachment 244505 View attachment 244506 This PIF for Chrome PushButton Only.

The rules are simple:

1) You haven't tried SE yet, of course.
2) CONUS B&B members only ...
3) Entries must be made before 12:01pm EST June 6th, 2012.

Selection will be made by placing everybody's name in a container and winner will be drawn! (Old School)

The razor is an 8 out of a 10 and it has been high-grade disinfected. Blades are genuine GEM PTFE blades individually wrapped by factory. Shipping will be 1st Class.

Remember ... Drawing Ends June 6, 2012.

Last edited:
I'm first in. Haven't tried a SW yet. Just got my first DE. Those are some fine looking razors. Thanks for the PIF.

Bump because I cannot believe that more people have not put their name into the pot.

Come on people, this is a great PIF...the Push Button is nice for quick shaves, and an all around solid performer.

Wow great PIF, now is your chance to try a SE. I like SE shaving an am almost a LOSER myself, but waiting for the Tradere head to get here so I can finish up those Labs. What would you call someone that likes single edge razors, but cannot stay away from open combs of any variety?

Wow great PIF, now is your chance to try a SE. I like SE shaving an am almost a LOSER myself, but waiting for the Tradere head to get here so I can finish up those Labs. What would you call someone that likes single edge razors, but cannot stay away from open combs of any variety?

You're still a LOSER :wink2: Anyone who keeps a SE as part of their regular rotation is a LOSER. I still use DE's for evening shaves, Tech Tuesdays (except this month as it is GEMini) and on days when I just want to mix things up.

Inspired by your post, I tried combining an SE with a Tradere...it didn't work out so well.

$SE_Tradere.jpg

:mad3:

From what I've seen, the majority of the PBs made were the gold plated version. I imagine the chrome plated ones would be more durable.

Okay 1 week left and I have 6 eligible entries ... Wcoppage, joamo, Andrewg, Bengal Tiger, slantfan & zekevin ... if you want in please post & say so.

For new GEM users, I'd like to mention a couple of items:

1) MrGuy posted a while back about making sure the SE blade is secure in the front clips of a GEM razor:

"No matter the style of GEM, I have noticed that they all should be loaded sharp side first, making sure that the blade is firmly seated in the clips. Then gently let the blade fall as it may before flipping the cap, twisting the mechanism, or pushing the button, depending on model. On some styles, like the Micromatic, when the blade is in the clips properly the spine will be slightly off the base plate before securing the top." ..... posted by Mr Guy 06/23/2009

2) Haiku posted about inserting and then removing GEM blades then reinserting them - blades can get damaged! (Personally, I put the blade in and it stays until I change it-so I have no problem with this issue.)

"One point I would add: after the blade has been held by the clips or notches that catch the front edge of the blade, that part of the blade will be damaged or notched. If you then remove the blade to rinse it for example, make very sure to put it back into the razor in the exact same position. If you don't you might expose your skin to the parts of the blade, right at the outside edges, that have been notched by the clips. I find it's easy enough to do, and I don't get scratched by the notches in any event, but that is something I would think one should watch out for." ..... posted by Haiku 06/24/2009

Good Luck to all ... Hurry and enter today!

About 24 hours left ... and I have in for the drawing: Wcoppage, joamo, Andrewg, Bengal Tiger, slantfan, zekevin, deafficianado & Doppelgaenger so far!

Time is UP for the drawing for the GEM Pushbutton SE razor!

I have in for the drawing: Wcoppage, joamo, Andrewg, Bengal Tiger, slantfan, zekevin, deafficianado, Doppelgaenger, joser & chrismikehead

All the names go into a bag and I shake that bag and I draw the winner ... and the Winner is:

Wcoppage

Thanks to all that entered.

Top Bottom