What's new

PIF Fatip Classic Grande Open Comb

I wanted to try a Fatip for a while, I have a new found love for OC razors, and I can't participate in CONUS PIFs, so I am definitely in for this one.

I grew up in a house in a German village that my grandad's grandad built in 1877. It's a small house that almost fell apart several times because my family never had any money. The house was all they had and eventually someone scraped together some money and put in the work to keep it together. It never was much, but it was home.

Until I met a girl from New Zealand, on the other side of the world, and followed her around the world. We have lived in Germany, Colorado, Australia, Ohio, and now New Zealand. I don't need much, and where my wife is there is home. 😊

Last edited:
Thanks L.A. that's generous of you. I'm in! I see Fatips have a pretty good following. I'm curious to try one and I do like open combs.

As for the second part...

It ain’t much, but it’s home

Where I come back to, where my world is

Where I hear the sound of my children’s voices, where the places are set, and the clothes folded

It ain’t much, but it sure is everything

:001_smile

The correct answer was "Doraville". However we were blessed with several very nice remembrances and some wisdom along the way. Since no one came up with Doraville I held a drawing and the winner is Bernie 01. Please PM me your address and will throw this razor in the mail.

I’m in! This is very generous of you to offer.

I have been pretty blessed in my life. About the only time“...but it’s home...” applies to me is when my wife and I were separated for a period of time. My mental illness was raging and I was unable to maintain our relationship. I moved into a basement suite with the dog. The basement suite wasn’t bad, but if it wasn’t for that dog I probably wouldn’t be here today. Those times were dark.

Managed to get myself together again and reconciled with my wife. That was about 10 years ago. COVID is causing a recurrence of those events. I am stronger now so will pull through, but I really need to get back to work - for the routine and balance that structure provides.

Excellent PIF ! Respectfully, I'm not in.

Today I had a great shave with my Fatip Grande OC.

The lucky one will really, really enjoy this razor.

Top Bottom