What's new

PIF: English made Gillette New

Would you mind posting pics of the configured case? It has piqued my curiosity!

Sorry it has taken so long. I don't have data on my phone while in America and can only use wifi in my house.

Here's the razor in the case.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408201336.997648.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408201350.747841.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408201372.146693.jpg

Hello, Gents

I swung by my PO Box and picked up the Gillette British New Biased Pin plate/cap combo that was so graciously and generously PIF'd to me by Chris (Xillion). I wasn't going to shave today, which is unusual as I generally shave daily. The new "toy" got the best of me so after getting home from the gym and taking a shower, I shaved.

I threw a blade in it (GSB or Polsilver, can't recall) and attached it to my RazoRock SLAB stainless steel handle...cuz that's how I role, baby... :scooter:

Anyway, I did my standard three-pass shave. For me, it's easier on my face to shave multiple days growth than a single day growth. In this sense, the measure of a smooth shaver is how it handles the shorter stubble. I'm happy to report it was a smooth, close and effortless shave. Less aggressive than what I'm used to, but produced a satisfactory BBS shave that will carry me through until tomorrow. Here's a pic:

$image.jpg

Thanks a Xillion, Chris! I'm sending this head off to be replated with a couple of other vintage Gillettes I've acquired the last few years. Your generosity is infectious and I've found myself giving some items to other members to enjoy.

Best Regards,

Jason

Top Bottom