What's new

PIF Edwin Jagger Super Badger Shaving Brush Medium Ivory 1EJ257SDS- contest is over.

I'm in. The best thing I've grilled so far this summer are the steaks I've been using my own special marinade on. They are seriously so good it makes me want one right now and I just ate lunch! Lol. My wife says they're the best she's ever had.

I'm in. It's a super easy recipe, but we love it. Buy one-pound beef and half pound Italian sausage. Mix the two up in a big bowl and then make hamburger patties. Put on the grill over medium heat and about three-five minutes before they are done, put on some mozzarella cheese. While that's melting put the Italian roles on the grill to toast up. Once the cheese is fully melted put on a bun and on the top of the cheese put big helping of marinara sauce.

I'm in!

I'm a fly fishing guide so one of the meals I've cooked for clients on the river bank was:
Grilled rib eye steaks with a blue cheese compound butter topping
Spaghetti squash (precooked and shredded) lightly sauteed with olive oil, fresh garlic and quartered cherry tomatoes with fresh basil
Garden salad
The clients brought there own bottle of wine.

Thank you for your generosity!

Im IN...and from Texas, so you know it has to be BEEF BRISKET. I have my own special "Rub1Out" brisket rub that I use to prepare the slab of beef. I thew it in the smoker @ 250 for a good 14-16 hours. I use a combination of Cherry and Hickory Wood. It takes a lot of time, dedication, and passion to smoke one of these beauties. Take a look...

$Brisket1.jpg$Brisket2.jpg$Brisket3.jpg

Since I am diving into the DE foray I am in. The best dish I grilled this year was a fish roll. It is a 3 part fillet. I used thin sliced fillet of White fish and pollack with salmon in the middle rolled up like a jelly roll. Seasoned with pepper, kosher salt, lemon and a few other light spices. Grilled in foil then finished on the bare grate.

I'm in. Best thing ive grilled so far this summer would have to be a couple of slow roasted and smoked venison backstraps. Almost hated having to eat them because now i have to wait until at least december (after deer season) to have any more since those were my last 2.

My best dish is nothing complicated.

Ribeyes with salt and pepper and lots of butter. Sometimes simple is good.

I'm in. Thanks!

I'm in.

I don't remember the last time I grilled but, for what it's worth, I used to be a fine dining Chef, so, here's a take on what I'd use to grill, let's say if I had to impress a date or a generous shaving brush donor.

Think finished plate:

Ahi Tuna Steaks, marinated AFTER searing in a miso-soy glaze.
Cast Iron seared Bok Choy (who says you can't put a pan on the grill; deglaze with a Madeira, or other sweet wine aside from Port)
Hot Israeli Cous-Cous and Mango Salad (another pan, top shelf of the grill)
Sesame Oil / Lemongrass "Buerre Blanc"
A dash of Sriracha
Kafir Lime Leaf Chiffonade for garnish.

Last edited:
Im IN...and from Texas, so you know it has to be BEEF BRISKET. I have my own special "Rub1Out" brisket rub that I use to prepare the slab of beef. I thew it in the smoker @ 250 for a good 14-16 hours. I use a combination of Cherry and Hickory Wood. It takes a lot of time, dedication, and passion to smoke one of these beauties. Take a look...

View attachment 462794View attachment 462795View attachment 462796

Talk dirty to me, what kind of spices are in this rub? Or is this the family secret?

I currently work as the Chief Operations Officer for a high end catering company. I used to work as the Senior Pit & Grill Master there. Food service is really the only professional work I've ever known. So it was a lot of fun to read through all the entries. There were a lot of delicious menu items. It's hard to pick a favorite.

I love BBQ brisket and many of best brisket experiences were in Texas. As a result of this, combined with mouth watering pictures and an AWESOME name for his homemade rub, JrReyes wins the EJ brush. JrReyes, PM me a mailing address and I'll send it your way.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I WOULD have been in, but haven't grilled or smoked anything yet, So NOT in. It would be a nice brush to add to my Active Duty PIF stash

Not in, but I just wanted to say the PIFs on this forum are ridiculously amazing. Thanks to all the generous members who are willing to share!

Many thanks for the PIF. Im thinking of mixing up a batch of rub and PIFing it in some mason Jars. Keep an eye out around 4th of July weekend.

I'm in. We visited my dad up in NY for the first time in more years than I care to count. We grilled chicken on the Weber and also enjoyed homemade potato salad and grilled asparagus. Good food and good memories.

I'm in and thanks.

Like many here I LOVE grilling. I live in Western NY and have grilled in -20 degree weather.

My best grill so far this season has been simple marinated spares ribs with Dino BBQ sauce. Common grill item but these just came out "perfect". Of course the homemade mac and cheese with a splash of cayenne pepper helped also. The Mrs found two large packs of ribs at the store about a month ago and they were perfect with the amount of meat on them.

Sitting here mouth watering again now thinking about those.

As I do not have a back yard and I do not grill I am not in. But I have question. If you have a Muhle silvertip fiber 2.V could you shortly describe the the differences like softness of the tips and so on? I would be thankful :)

Top Bottom