What's new

PIF: Benton Clay Vetiver Paradisi

In a recent vendor thread, I was awarded a sample of Benton Clay's Vetiver Paradisi shaving soap. I was awarded this based on previous PIF'ing, with the requirement that I PIF one of the two samples I was given.

This is that PIF.

A Black Handled SS, a Semogue 1460, and a sample of Vetiver Paradisi by Benton Clay

teh r00lz:
1 - You've never tried Benton Clay soaps
2 - You don't have a collection of razors (for fairness and clarity, let's say you don't have more than 5, small collection)
3 - You don't have a Semogue Boar brush in your stables
4 - You'll post in this thread indicating your interest
5 - I'll choose a winner using a random number generator whenever I feel like I'm ready (in a couple days)
6 - I'll ship, on my dime, to the winner on Monday morning (contacted by PM)

So, I guess this kinda boils down to somewhat of a newbie PIF, but that's OK.

Please, gentlemen, maintain your personal integrity by being truthful.

(Note: the razor isn't perfect, but in very good-to-excellent condition. The brush has been used by myself only, and was delivered to me with a chip in the handle. The chip has been filled with an acrylic touch-up paint and I will do my best to make it look good.)

(Big props to Bruno at Vintage Scent for replacing the chipped brush and suggesting I PIF the chipped one)
(Big props to Dave at Benton Clay for giving away some samples as well)

My thoughts on the soap: Great scent, very strong grapefruit, vetiver is very subtle. Hangs around during the shave, but not after. Lathers extremely well, and very easily. Couple with a brush like this (somewhat broken in) this soap will lather very easily. I found the lather to be thick, creamy, providing plenty of glide and cushion, and if I dare say, it is the best non-tallow glycerin/veggie based soap I've used (in any scent). Dave has created a great product, and I really do enjoy it.

Last edited:
Pozzska, not to get you off track here, but I would like to read your thoughts on the soap. Did you do a write-up anywhere? or could you comment on it?

Thanks.

This is an awesome PIF!! By collection, exactly what makes a collection of razors?:blink:I currently only own/use 9 DEs and 2 SEs. Does this take me out of the running?:laugh::lol::lol:

Some newbie is gonna end up a very happy fella! Good luck, guys!!:001_cool:

Im busted by #2 as well I do believe. That is if 20 or.more is a collection, yet I dont feel its quite a collection til I have them all.

My collection consists of two Super Speeds. So if this is a collection I'm out. If it ISN'T a collection by your estimation, I'd love to be considered.

Also I have a neighbor who I just got started wetshaving and we kind of share supplies. So I promise it would all get put to good use!!!

Either way great PIF!

Great PIF!!!

Don't count me in as I have that razor but whoever gets it, let us know how you like the soap and brush!

I've never used a Semogue brush or a Benton Clay soap. That is the exact soap I wanted to try if I ever tried one.

My collection consists of two Super Speeds. So if this is a collection I'm out. If it ISN'T a collection by your estimation, I'd love to be considered.

Also I have a neighbor who I just got started wetshaving and we kind of share supplies. So I promise it would all get put to good use!!!

Either way great PIF!

2 razors is NOT a collection, IMO, and since this is my PIF, it's my opinion that counts, haha!

So, you're in, with the caveat your neighbor gets first dibs [insert evil laugh here].:tongue_sm

Please count me in! I'm not a newbie, but I am a one-brush (badger) and one razor (Merkur) guy that has never tried Benton Clay. I would love the opportunity to try a SS and a boar. And of course the Benton Clay.

busted and busted. more then 5 and i've tried it. actually i PIF'd the same one on my blade sampler PIF.

nice PIF. come on newbies, get in here. it's a great offering.

Top Bottom