What's new

Photo of the Day

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Taking along weekend in the Ozarks hoping to see fall colors. They are late this year. This morning the cabin owner told us to go to Maplewood cemetery (Harrison, AR) because the colors finally took of there. We weren’t the only ones taking pictures. I call this Various Stages of Life, due to the houses in the background, tombstones in the foreground, and leaves in various stages of color in between.
806E3F92-69CF-487F-BDB7-26B1B980630B.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The lack of colors in the Ozarks at this time are disappointing. Case in point- 21OCT at Buffalo Canyon in Arkansas. I had to go to a cemetery to see fall colors.
2B79FE5B-DF50-4028-B7A4-0ECF6599D5CD.jpeg

Interesting. I'm seeing the same thing in my area (North Ayrshire, Scotland). Admittedly we tend not to have masses of the species that give strong fall colors, but still, this time around is especially dull. Also blackberry season was a total washout! I usually get shots of my dogs picking the low lying berries on our walks at this time of year. Not this time. Regardless, lots of cool shots on this page.

I guess I am going to have to look into buying a real camera. I took these a few days ago with my PHONE.

About ten or fifteen miles north of Clovis, New Mexico.

Attachments

• sunset1.jpg
    sunset1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • sunset2.jpg
    sunset2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Scotland has some old mountains, not much for forest up high it seems. Great photo's.
Thanks - and yep I've walked through plenty of woods on the way up Scotland's mountains but by the time I've gained some height it tends to be grass and moss only.

Top Bottom