What's new

Photo of the Day

last month in Alaska, Denali, we had a couple nice aurora nights.
this one, with Nikon D850, 20mm f/1.8 @ f/2, ISO 1600, 4 sec.

proxy.php

That's a truly beautiful shot! I just looked up the height of Mt Denali (6190m) and realized that those smaller but still impressive mountains in the middle ground are probably around the height of a typical "Munro" here in Scotland (around 1000m). That really puts things in perspective!

Thanks!
In terms of sheer face height, Denali is tallest in the world!

By the way, like your beagle avatar!

Well something a little different today. Asked to be the official photographer for Stoke Con Trent - a small, very British Con, with British TV stars mostly. Wrestling and Worlds Strongest Man fans may recognise these two.
DSC03842-copy.jpg
DSC03898-copy.jpg

Well something a little different today. Asked to be the official photographer for Stoke Con Trent - a small, very British Con, with British TV stars mostly. Wrestling and Worlds Strongest Man fans may recognise these two.View attachment 1025705View attachment 1025706

Excellent! I'm not familiar with Socal Val but I've certainly watched Eddie "The Beast" Hall in the WSM competitions. A powerlifting competitor I was talking to recently said the only way his world record deadlift will be beaten is if someone is willing to die in the attempt.

B&W rendering of Mt Brooks in Denali Nat'l Park, Alaska, from recent trip.
lenticular clouds caught my attention; taken from moving vehicle.

proxy.php

^Nice!!

Just arrived in Italy to hit (for me) some new spots.
Iconic Cinque Terre village Riomaggiore this rainy evening.
D850, 28-300mm lens at 28mm, tripod.

proxy.php

Top Bottom