What's new

Petal Pushers Fancies Deodorant

Anyone have any experience with Petal Pushers Fancies deodorant? I wanted to try out something new, so I ordered a stick of the sandalwood recently. I've only been using it a few days so far, but I've got to say that I'm a little disappointed. It goes on kind of sticky, it seems to leave a bit of residue on my undershirt, and I've got a pretty significant odor at the end of the day. I'm going to give it a couple of more days to see if things improve, but, especially given its price point, my first impression has not been positive. :sad:

I have the Barberpole deo made by PPF and I concur with the above. Goes on sticky and does little to eliminate odor. I love the barberpole scent but it's way over powering in the deoderant. My wife put the kabosh on me wearing it around her too. Back to my speed stick unscented antiperspirant. :bored:

I wanted to like it, I really did. I was unimpressed by the waxiness of the product. I felt that I could never really get it all washed out no matter how much I showered. In general, it did prevent odor, but I think you really have to put it on thick, and my attempts at trying to reduce the waxy build-up left me in a horrifying "deodorant failure" moment one morning at work. That killed it for me.

I really wanted to use it, though. I liked the natural ingredients selling point. Scents seemed okay, too. I had Neroli, Steam River Rum, and Sandalwood.

Deodorants are a "one strike, you're out" thing with me.

Don

Organic coconut oil, Organic bee's wax, Organic shea butter, Organic mango butter, Arrowroot powder, Soduim Bicarbonate, Organic corn starch, Kaolin clay, Organic avacado oil, Cape aloe powder, Organic neem oil, Live Enzymes, Essential oils and or Fragrance

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410487756.996666.jpg

After three days, I'm pretty sure I'm giving up on this. :sad: I've heard that PPF makes a great shaving soap, but this deodorant just isn't working for me. I think this may be the first product that I've bought since joining B&B (and there have been A LOT) that I am going to have to bin.

This may be more than you want to bother with but in an effort to get the product to work, you could try the following:

Wash the underarms with a soap containing triclosan for three days. During these days use an antibacterial/antiperspirant. On the forth day wash with same again but apply the Petal Pusher deoderant. Or if you can find Betadine, also an antibacterial, wash throughly with that and rinse off and apply the PPF product. This may allow a shift in the body's flora to a more benign and compatible organism and activate the live enzymes in the new product.

Personally, they work well for me and I really like them. I have the Cavendish, Goreys Neroli and the Sandalwood (goes great with the new Captains Choice aftershave!). But I use them only for casual selective social events or while at home. I would never consider them for wear at the office or sports activities. For those situations I use Arm and Hammer unscented Essentials. Everyone's body chemistry a d native bacteria is different so results may vary.

Thanks for the tips, but I'm not sure I'm willing to put more time and money into a deodorant that I can't use every day right now. Maybe I'll hold onto it and see about giving these steps a try in the future. Thanks!

Top Bottom