What's new

Personna Lab Blue -- another repackaging -- blue and black

Agree. I only paid 11.49 in February (for the box shown below) and this new box costs 16.95
proxy.php
I purchased mine very recently. Same packaging as the one above. 9th shave with one today. Very decent too. They were just under 9 bucks very briefly on Amazon Prime. I jumped at the chance, got 100.

The Personna Facebook team engaged me a bit in response to the photo of the box. At first, they were sure the black and blues we're US made. Here's what they had to say,

"Hi, Steve. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. We have facilities in America and elsewhere. The blues used to be produced solely in the USA, but now they are manufactured in several different locations. Unfortunately, we were a bit late to this news here in marketing. We're sorry for the miscommunication."

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I finally got a chance to try one of these, "Black & Blues". They're my new favorite, ousting the Personna Lab Blues top spot.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I love the new packaging. The ink on the blades isn't smudged anymore :)

Well, that new packaging (if it's the same product as in the original post in this thread) is because those aren't US-made "lab blues"; they're the same blades as what is typically known as "Israeli reds" - made in Israel, not the US. Israel's ink machine works properly. Ink on US-made blades meant for paper wrapping is just poorly done (as opposed to the same blades meant for packaging in dispensers; those just get arrows and those generally look okay.) Point is, don't buy those thinking they're "lab blues" - they're not, but they're the same pretty good blades normally found in red packaging.

Interesting as the labels on the wrappers have a US address

However, the blades say "platinum chrome" on them, which I've never seen before, so you may be correct.

Last edited:
I was critical of the Personna Blues in the past. I wrote a thread about how they gave me nicks and weepers.

But I pulled one out today after over 1 year and I had a good shave. Felt about the same as PolSilver. So not sure how to explain this phenomenon. Do people agree here that all the blades in same box where consistent?

Lab Blues, Med Preps, Israeli Reds, as long as it says Personna it goes in my razors. I shave with Old Types mostly, and Techs occasionally, and these are my favorite blades.

Top Bottom