What's new

Pennsylvanian Whetstones

Seems lower mid range with slurry, but finer with just water. Slurry gets dark quick. Going back to look another one next week. Luckily i remember where i found it. Might have found the first stone i am going to use to polish a tanto i made a while back. Pics are from before the last lapping.
I agree, that slurry looks promising. Super abrasive/fast, fairly fine pre finisher, that leave a really fine tooth are very few and far in-between and are worth their weight in silver. You might have found an exploitable layer.

I agree, that slurry looks promising. Super abrasive/fast, fairly fine pre finisher, that leave a really fine tooth are very few and far in-between and are worth their weight in silver. You might have found an exploitable layer.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Finding a second example might be a challenge.

Stone is hard but thirsty, i assume from all the air pockets. And i a noticing that the edges of the layers are not blending well into the surface. Seems to need to be lapped parallel to the layers for the best surface finish. All in all pretty happy for a stone i just picked up.

Top Bottom