What's new

Pen Cases

So far I have mostly eschewed fancy leather pen cases/sleeves/envelopes/wraps/whatchamadoodles. I say "mostly" because I do have a leather Pilot Pensemble wrap I bought with a gift card. It's extremely well made/designed and I do like it, but I kinda wish I had gone for the zipper case instead, even though the zipper case holds 3 pens instead of 5.

I'm mostly attracted to Asian-y designs (like the sleeve shown above) but for general storage, I have a plain black 24-pen case that zips shut. Although the leather stuff is attractive, I'd rather put the $80-$100+ they cost toward a pen.

For now, anyway. I might change my mind later.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I polished up my case, and added a knob...finally.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431572402.154800.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431572427.833305.jpg

Last edited:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang those look amazing! But pricey, especially for just fabric. Well, silk, but still...

They sure look great, though.

I think I only paid around 60 for mine through the person I got it from in Taiwan. The embroidery is a tattoo I got many years ago.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sometimes I get pens that still have their original presentation cases. Generally, I pocket my pens and don't beat these up in a backpack or messenger bag as they are pretty delicate and rather valuable.

Zipper or snap?

View attachment 678600
I`m pretty happy for every time I buy a pen from my pen shop they throw in a genuine leather case for free or a free bottle of ink the odd time as well. Their pen prices are usually rock bottom prices too.

I've got a few different storage cases/boxes. My primary one is a repurposed machinist's tool chest that I picked up on sale at Harbor Freight and added some flocked plastic pen trays.

$IMG_2252.jpg

Before I got the tool chest, I was using this case that I found at an antique store. I think it might have been used for storing paper/stationery. I gave it a good cleaning and installed pen trays. Works like it was made for storing pens!

$IMG_2147.jpg

$IMG_2148.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I've got a few different storage cases/boxes. My primary one is a repurposed machinist's tool chest that I picked up on sale at Harbor Freight and added some flocked plastic pen trays.

View attachment 679632

Before I got the tool chest, I was using this case that I found at an antique store. I think it might have been used for storing paper/stationery. I gave it a good cleaning and installed pen trays. Works like it was made for storing pens!

View attachment 679633

View attachment 679634

:w00t: Awesome collection, Larry! :thumbup:

Top Bottom