What's new

Pearl Flexi v2 brass cnc milled adjustable razor is out!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Mostly on setting #3.5 today.

7-6-21.Pearl.Flixi.Shavemac.Vitos.640.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

I might like it better if it was shiny nickel or polished or came with an interchangeable OC plate. I am just never satisfied :glare:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I might like it better if it was shiny nickel or polished or came with an interchangeable OC plate.

Do you have one?

I think it quite handsome if industrial. Of course, I really like the satin look and also a nickel finish.

Used to be you got a SB and also an OC baseplate in the $500 Russian adjustable but they dropped the OC. I'm not sure what I'd gain were the Flexi to have an OC option (and I like OD razors).

Most to it's about the shave much more than the look but that's just me.

I am just never satisfied :glare:

1630174815703.png

Where is my Pegasus Unicorn?

Happy shaves,

Jim

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I am interested in this razor but hesitant due to all the reported mis-steps and confused as to what is the final perfected? version? How does one tell the version before purchasing? For example, Maggard's states they are selling Version 4, is that the latest & greatest?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am interested in this razor but hesitant due to all the reported mis-steps and confused as to what is the final perfected? version? How does one tell the version before purchasing? For example, Maggard's states they are selling Version 4, is that the latest & greatest?

Yes. That's the one I have. Got mine from Maggard.

I don't know about the whole V4 thing or the production runs, at least not much, not enough to be sure of what I half way know.

Fanboy Alert.jpeg

I know the Pearl customer service is good. I know this from what others have reported and because the Pearl people got back with me when I had a registration glitch to overcome. (I'm not sure I followed up and actually submitted what I should have but that's on me.)

All that said, it's maybe a good idea to examine any razor, and, in the case of adjustables, their mechanics, before using them. (Maggard would say the same.) Always easier to return an item to the vendor than to India.

It looks to me like Pearl expects to greatly raise their reputation with this razor. They've put a lot into it, and it shows. In my experience with the razor, that is.

The more I use it the more I like its shave. I've had zero issues with mine. And, my goodness, it comes with a stand. Some stands are upwards of the price of this adjustable with a stand included.

Happy shaves,

Jim

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Thanks Jim - it is confusing for my feeble mind - a couple pages back someone reported a 5th version was received

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks Jim - it is confusing for my feeble mind - a couple pages back someone reported a 5th version was received

I believe - but don't think I know anything for sure - these are production runs.

Pretty sure since V2 they're without major modifications.

Don't trust me on this stuff without doing homework yourself (unless it's unimportant and you have a ton of extra money in which case I have some bargain bridges to unload).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Do you have one?

I think it quite handsome if industrial. Of course, I really like the satin look and also a nickel finish.

Used to be you got a SB and also an OC baseplate in the $500 Russian adjustable but they dropped the OC. I'm not sure what I'd gain were the Flexi to have an OC option (and I like OD razors).

Most to it's about the shave much more than the look but that's just me.

View attachment 1318656

Where is my Pegasus Unicorn?

Happy shaves,

Jim

LOL great reply. I have a Rex and am considering the Flexi as a travel razor. It sounds like they have the bugs worked out so now I think it would be good to offer some other options. That is not to imply I don't like the current finish. I think it is a fine looking razor.

LOL great reply. I have a Rex and am considering the Flexi as a travel razor. It sounds like they have the bugs worked out so now I think it would be good to offer some other options. That is not to imply I don't like the current finish. I think it is a fine looking razor.
I love my Rex and bought the Flexi as my. Travel razor. I highly recommend it.

Top Bottom