What's new

Pearl Flexi Dissapointment

Glad to see your issues were resolved. I received a Flexi V12 today I ordered on Amazon. Shipped from Israel, took 2 weeks. It seems in perfect condition to me with no misalignment or cosmetic issues. First shave with it, 3 pass shave on #3 with an Astra SP. DFS but too harsh for me at that setting on 1 day of growth. No cuts or nicks but lit up from alum block. Will try #2 next time or longer growth. For the price it's a good deal in my opinion. It weighs a ton. I prefer lighter titanium but it's usable and won't be a daily shaver. It has the little rattle like the rest if you shake it up and down but not during shaving. I saw an online video of how to take it apart and stop the rattle but it isn't worth the risk of messing it up to me to do it as it's not really a defect. Seems to take a shallower angle than I normally use on Timeless and other razors. First adjustable I've owned so will take some experimenting.

Have any of you compared a Pearl Flexi against a Gillette Fat Boy or Slim or Super Adjustable? I know the Flexi is heavier but other than that is the Pearl as good as or better than a Gillette adjustable in proper working condition?

Have any of you compared a Pearl Flexi against a Gillette Fat Boy or Slim or Super Adjustable? I know the Flexi is heavier but other than that is the Pearl as good as or better than a Gillette adjustable in proper working condition?

The Flexi is a completely different compared to any of the Gillette adjustable razors. The Flexi is way heavier and the angle that it requires to shave with is also very different. Is it better though? I don't know, it depends on your preferences. If you like heavy razors and you find the neutral angle to your liking, then you might enjoy the Flexi more than any of the Gillette adjustables. Sadly, the only way to know for sure is to try it out for yourself.

I've had 5 shaves with my new Pearl Flexi and matched it with my Slim, Fatboy, and BB It is now my go-to razor. I was totally impressed with this razor. Ease of loading and cleaning, quality build, and the BBS I got with it was a joy to shave with. Yes, it is a bit heavier than my Fatboy, but I think the weight made it more efficient, needing fewer strokes for that BBS. I like the adjuster at #4. The 50 Willy's blades that come with it are almost a match to my Astra SP's, sharper than my German Wilkinson Swords. Do I look forward to my next shave with it? YUP!

Top Bottom