What's new

Pearl Flexi v2 brass cnc milled adjustable razor is out!

Picked up this Flexi off of the b/s/t a couple of days ago from a good friend & fine Gentleman on this forum, thanks @Shavemd for the quick ship.

So, I had my first shave with it yesterday and as I've read across multiple forum threads including here, for the most part the Flexi is a smooth shaver as well as the gentleman that I purchased it from confirmed that as well. And that it is. Excellent blade alignment (fresh Gillette Platinum) with proper blade gap increase throughout its adjustability range. Started on 5 and it was a very, very smooth yet quite efficient shave completed in 3 passes, not a single touch up or buffing required. Nice.

I echo the sentiments here from many, though heavy it exhibits a nice balance & feel in hand. No comparisons with the Rex or anything else as I just want to get a few more shaves in before making an assessment with differences or similarities.

So far though, call me impressed....

6FA3ECF7-52D8-4469-A715-3C8C2D36E2D8.jpeg.jpg

42D99D20-7B64-4B6A-B6DC-3540B0E4912C.jpeg.jpg

⬆ Very nice report ⬆

It shaves surprisingly well on all the settings I've tried (highest to lowest and some in-between).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks my friend. I still was a bit skeptical even when I was reassured from the individual that I purchased it from that it shaves smoothly & efficiently. He was not wrong. Started on 5 and finished on 3.5. Just a real nice, comfortable shave.

Gus

Thanks my friend. I still was a bit skeptical even when I was reassured from the individual that I purchased it from that it shaves smoothly & efficiently. He was not wrong. Started on 5 and finished on 3.5. Just a real nice, comfortable shave.

Gus
Did he say why he sold it?

2 days growth and just another real good shave. Started on 6 and by the 3rd pass I was down to 2.5ish and finito. A real close and comfortable shave that was BBS everywhere. I’m surprised at how well the Flexi shaves and more importantly with very efficient results. No touch ups or buffing required. I’m liking this razor……

View attachment 1283974
I’ve had the same experience and have used the Pearl Flexi almost exclusively for a month. (I’m moving and my fairly small collection of razors is packed). Hard to be the Flexi for the price!

Nothing but, an awesome 2 pass shave. Very light stubble this morning, just enough to get the Flexi ready. Started it on 3 with an ATG pass and finished it on 2 just running it around to pick up any stragglers left behind from the first pass. Smooth as a newborn baby's buttocks. I’m very pleasantly surprised at its performance so far. Excellent job by Pearl….

49FBFEEE-7390-426D-8FB6-6F55E339988D.jpeg

Nothing but, an awesome 2 pass shave. Very light stubble this morning, just enough to get the Flexi ready. Started it on 3 with an ATG pass and finished it on 2 just running it around to pick up any stragglers left behind from the first pass. Smooth as a newborn baby's buttocks. I’m very pleasantly surprised at its performance so far. Excellent job by Pearl….

View attachment 1284364

Not a razor question but I notice you appear to be a Acqua Di Parma fan. I’ve been looking to try the original but was worried it might be too flowery. If you’ve tried the original, what do you think?

Not a razor question but I notice you appear to be a Acqua Di Parma fan. I’ve been looking to try the original but was worried it might be too flowery. If you’ve tried the original, what do you think?

I'll do this real quick as to not derail the OP's original intentions on talk over the Flexi.

If the original ADP Colonia feels a bit too unisex for you, then definitely go with Colonia Intensa. It has a deeper & woodier complexity while retaining some of the Colonia top notes it's known for. But, the most masculine smelling of the Colonia line are 2, Colonia Essenza & Colonia Club. Essenza is a clean, soapy & woody elixir. Club is Green, Lavender & citrus freshness.

Just send me a pm for specific details.

My apologies to the OP for the slight turn in topic....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom