What's new

Paypal

Just got an email from Paypal (well, not really paypal) saying that my account was suspended due to suspicious credit card activity. It included a link of course that I could follow to sign in and it was pretty well done. Looked very realistic and probably would fool quite a few people.

So what I did was exited the email without clicking on the link and went into my paypal account like I normally would and guess what, everything is fine. My account is not locked at all.

This is a phishing email to see if I'm stupid enough to log in to their fake page,giving them my name and password so that they could clean out my account and help themselves to some money using all of my included finance sources.

Be careful guys, never click on an email provided link. Exit and go in the normal way you get to the site to check it out.

It's unfortunate but the world is full of people trying to take advantage of you.

No problem, after removing a bunch of malware from my father in law's computer this past weekend I was reminded of just how easy it is to get taken advantage of.

Hopefully it helps someone out here.

Bro, I just need to finance my lifestyle, don't you know?

scammer-1.jpg

I've received those notices several times and dealt with them the same way that you did except that I don't even open the message.

Lately there has been a rash of people getting phone notices that their utility power is going to be disconnected immediately if they don't call such and such 1-800 number. Because of the shut downs a lot of people are understandably behind on their utility bills and the scammers are taking advantage of it.

The funny thing about these emails is that I don’t have a PayPal account, but I still get the emails. It’s like those car warranty people that want to sell me an extended warranty. I always act excited and you can hear they are getting excited. They think they have a live fish on the line. Right up until I tell them my car is a 2007 model with 200,000 miles on it. They then say, oh, I’m sorry but your car doesn’t qualify. They then ask about a secondary vehicle and I say sure. I’ve got a 2001 Ranger with 90,000 miles on it. Sorry, that doesn’t qualify either.
Then why do you call me saying my warranty is about to expire? They promise to take me off the list, but next week they called again.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I tried to talk to Pay Pal administrator about my account to have it upgraded. All I can do is purchase products but no one can deposit for a sale of my personal items. Well I tell you what a stupid company, because of Covid 19 they got rid of most of the people who work there and you go through the phone system to be alerted because of Covid 19 there are no personal to deal with my issues. These Robot phone systems have made us dummer to greed of corporations who do not want to deal with issues and just want automatic systems making money.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
The funny thing about these emails is that I don’t have a PayPal account, but I still get the emails. It’s like those car warranty people that want to sell me an extended warranty. I always act excited and you can hear they are getting excited. They think they have a live fish on the line. Right up until I tell them my car is a 2007 model with 200,000 miles on it. They then say, oh, I’m sorry but your car doesn’t qualify. They then ask about a secondary vehicle and I say sure. I’ve got a 2001 Ranger with 90,000 miles on it. Sorry, that doesn’t qualify either.
Then why do you call me saying my warranty is about to expire? They promise to take me off the list, but next week they called again.
I can't get them to extend the warranty on my 1967 Mustang, and it only has 165,000 miles on it. Go figure :crazy:

Top Bottom