What's new

Pawn Stars Razor in Rite Aid

Saw one of these in Rite Aid this morning. It looked like a cheap pot-metal imitation of a vintage Gillette, and probably is considering the $19.99 price tag, though it says it's solid brass. It didn't look as nice as my Weishi, and that was $17!

What really caught my eye was the fact that there was a DE razor for sale in Rite Aid. Anyone try one of these yet?

https://www.onerazor.com

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Touch-Safety-Razor-Chrome/dp/B00HMEBRKO

proxy.php

Edited to swap out the huge pic.

Last edited:
Yup. It was my first DE razor. Just had to chuck the thing in the trash 2 weeks ago the knob wouldn't twist and the doors would not open. Since then I've acquired a 51 black tip, a 48 super speed, and a slim adjustable. IMO they are not worth the money or time but that's just my $0.02.

As mentioned, it's worth the stand. The razor is good for a PIF.

That being said, I got from a Chinese, where they're made, fleabay seller for $8 shipped.

I was in CVS shopping for a replacement for my 10 year old Norelco.
I spotted the One Touch display, and thought, why not spend $18.00 on this, and try shaving like my dad did. It will be fun!
I bought a tube of "Cremo" and applied it with my hands. I brought the razor to my face, loaded with whatever blade it came with, and with angle and pressure in mind, made the first stroke.

I loved it!!
Now I collect brushes, razors and aftershave..:001_smile

Decent razor from ebay. Indecent price in this store. It has been a boon to our hobby because the Rick Harrison commercial has likely brought many folks (including me) into DE shaving.

I bought it earlier this year for about £4 delivered, and I have to say, I wasn't unimpressed. It's an acceptable mild razor, and though it's not something that I'd shave with every day, it's good enough. Don't knock it 'til you try it! [:

TPL

How long did you have it? After about five months, the TTO on mine started to become difficult to turn, and I ended up dripping some mineral oil down around the center post in the head and working the mechanism until it was smooth.

I bought one to see if I liked DE shaving, and have been pleased. Sure, there's probably better razors out there, and sure, you can get a Weishi for less. But when I factored in shipping cost, I wasn't going to be saving much, so just went ahead and bought it. I'd like to try other DE for comparison, but so far I'm satisfied.

Note that at least two of us ran into issues with the TTO knob, so periodic oiling with mineral oil is probably in order.

One thing to be aware of: A certain retailer is selling Dorco DE blades under the Micro Touch One label for $7.50 a pop. I think these are no more than ten blades. For $2.00 you can pick up two five blade packs of Dorco DE blades under the Dollar General brand name.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've heard mixed reviews on it. In any case, I decided to pass on it and bought vintage.

It was my first safety razor. Or rather mine was a van der hagen which looks identical to the Rick Harris one. Mine is great. Well made and shaves great. Don't use it much now because I like a couple of vintage gillettes a bit better.

Decent razor from ebay. Indecent price in this store. It has been a boon to our hobby because the Rick Harrison commercial has likely brought many folks (including me) into DE shaving.

No doubt. Anytime a product like that gets major advertising promotion it exposes it to millions of people and doubtlessly made more than a few shavers try it or the DE concept for the first time.

After all of the reviews I have read, I wouldn't but that razor at that price...spend a few bucks more and get an EJ. But the commercials for the MicroTouch are what got me wet shaving.

Top Bottom