What's new

Pasteur Pharmacy swag

So I made it over to the 53 East 34th Street location this afternoon.

I guess I played it pretty conservatively.

Cella Lozione Dopobarba. Cella's aftershave splash.

Tube of Proraso Red cream.

A tuck each of Gillette Nacet stainless, Polsilver Super Iridium, and...Treet.

Also got some bath soap bars.

Lavender d' Provence...French triple milled...made in Australia.

Via Mercator, No. 3, pepe Rosa, lavender, and vanilla bean.

I'll start in on the bars after I use up my last Aqua Lavanda Puig.

Great will power!! :a14: :a14:

Enjoy the swag!

Congrat's Sir Ashley on your successful visit to Pasteur's!

However, I need not explain to you, that Proraso Red Must be paired with Proraso Red Aftershave!!

proraso muehle feather may 29 2017.jpg

Congrat's Sir Ashley on your successful visit to Pasteur's!

However, I need not explain to you, that Proraso Red Must be paired with Proraso Red Aftershave!!

View attachment 1020949

I did use the Cella AS this morning, but after using C.O. Bigelow cream. Which yes, I know is just Proraso green in a gold tube.

I was pleasantly surprised by the carbon steel Treet blades this morning in my GC .84. A sharpness and smoothness combination I wasn't expecting in blades that cheap. If the other blades in that tuck are as good, I may even phase out my Astras.

One of the wonderful things about living in NYC...getting to go there when I need something...and worse when I don't...[emoji16]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I'm really interested in that Cella... what's it like? All I can find on the website is: "The elegant scent, a jus of classic and contemporary notes..." What's your interpretation of that?

I did use the Cella AS this morning, but after using C.O. Bigelow cream. Which yes, I know is just Proraso green in a gold tube.

I was pleasantly surprised by the carbon steel Treet blades this morning in my GC .84. A sharpness and smoothness combination I wasn't expecting in blades that cheap. If the other blades in that tuck are as good, I may even phase out my Astras.

I've used those Treets in the past. They are generally good blades for a shave or two, but the edge requires a great deal of care to get them to last.

I'm really interested in that Cella... what's it like? All I can find on the website is: "The elegant scent, a jus of classic and contemporary notes..." What's your interpretation of that?

Your question interests me. As it was that same curiosity that led me to buy the big red box with Santa Claus shaving on the front when I literally had a plethora of artisanal stuff to buy instead.

I've only used this the one time so far.
I have to get home and sniff it again to take a crack at answering your question.

Short answer, I rate it similar in quality to the Proraso menthal/eucalyptus aftershave splash. It is cut from that mold. Luckily, I consider that a good, upscale neighborhood.

I've used those Treets in the past. They are generally good blades for a shave or two, but the edge requires a great deal of care to get them to last.

My second shave with that same first Treet blade was...well...like comparing "Joanie Loves Chachi" to a first season "Happy Days" where the opening theme music was Bill Haley and the Comets.

And if you aren't old enough to know what I mean by that...you should not be able to register to vote.

Treets are looking like a "one and done" blade. Which is still better than a Voskhod. A half a cheek and throw away in irritated disgust blade.

One of the wonderful things about living in NYC...getting to go there when I need something...and worse when I don't...[emoji16]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

If I may digress from shaving a moment to comment on New York City...

I could live there. I've been back 5 days and I'm still thinking about NYC. What a place.

Top Bottom