What's new

Pasteur's In Manhattan - A Photo Essay

For those who have been in recently, do you know if they carry any of the Floid products, specifically the Blue AS? I am interested but will wait if they have it, otherwise I would just order now online.

For those who have been in recently, do you know if they carry any of the Floid products, specifically the Blue AS? I am interested but will wait if they have it, otherwise I would just order now online.

As of last Friday (3-7-14), the Pasteurs on 34th Street had both the Floid Blue and Amber aftershave splashes as well as the Blue EDT.

63rd definitely has some Floid bottles. I don't recollect which and they were on the very most top self about two feet above my head. So, unless you are about 6'11" or taller, ask when you get to the store as they might not be at eye level (no; I am NOT 4'11" :)).

I have prepped for my trip to NYC tomorrow. Itinerary printed, and Pasteurs address notated. Will try to hit Rose pizza as well, sounds like a must-see!

I have prepped for my trip to NYC tomorrow. Itinerary printed, and Pasteurs address notated. Will try to hit Rose pizza as well, sounds like a must-see!

Remember that Pastuer does not stay open late. I'm always a little depressed when members from out-of-town post pictures outside of either store with the security gates closed looking at the shaving products in the window.:sad:

Call to confirm hours and product availability, and don't forget to say "hi" to the other men hypnotically transfixed in the shaving aisles. They are probably fellow B&B'ers.

Good luck and enjoy!

View attachment 439035

I spent an hour at the 34th St. store today, looking, smelling, feeling (and spending!!!). With all the shaving products available this sure is a great place for a complete product immersion in a way that's simply not possible online. The store clerk encouraged exploring the wide range of samples. I wish I had found this place earlier. Prices are very competitive with online merchants plus you get instant gratification! Most importantly, because the items are physically in front of you, it takes the guess work out of buying literally hundreds of shaving products.

I spent an hour at the 34th St. store today, looking, smelling, feeling (and spending!!!). With all the shaving products available this sure is a great place for a complete product immersion in a way that's simply not possible online. The store clerk encouraged exploring the wide range of samples. I wish I had found this place earlier. Prices are very competitive with online merchants plus you get instant gratification! Most importantly, because the items are physically in front of you, it takes the guess work out of buying literally hundreds of shaving products.

Very true. Unfortunately, as a result I've spent far too much money and long ago ran out of space in my small Manhattan apartment for all my shaving supplies.

Also, welcome to B&B!

I was there around 4:30, which I had done before and knew they would be open. I picked up a bottle of Floid blue, Pinaud Musk (I usually see the Bay Rum, lilac and the standard Pinaud around me), a Lea shave stick, a La Toja shave stick, and a couple of razor packs. I got a pack of the infamous Gillette black blades and some Voshtok (sp) which I have used before and really liked. All told I was very happy as usual with the store and selection. In fact, the prices on Pinaud were better than I normally see at large chain drug stores by me.

I also hit Rose Pizza on my stop to Penn Station. Somehow I didn't notice n previous descriptions that you could also get beer there. They have a decent selection on tap and I understand their can/bottle selection is excellent as well. The beer addition just added to the experience and I have to say, the pizza was pretty outstanding.

Just got back from a trip to NYC with my lady- we decided to skip Thanksgiving with the family, catch Book of Mormon, the Cooper Hewitt and Pasteur's (keeping this thread alive). Fantastic place. I didn't intend to buy anything so I only spent a hundred dollars.

Top Bottom