What's new

Pasteur's In Manhattan - A Photo Essay

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I dunno....

Two years ago..I mentioned the B&B discount..and was told it was phone/internet orders only in a rude fashion and it put me off. Each time ive gone in there, I seem to get the cold shoulder. I guess the next time you go in there Ray...take me with you.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I guess I might have run into him on a bad day or what not. Like ive said, this was just my experience. Ive heard such many good things about cambridge...Ill go in with whoever next time you all wanna go :)

i literally feel PAIN in looking at these pictures and realizing that this store is two and a half hours away! AAAAAAAAAAAH! But i get the feeling I'd end up bankrupt, and what good are shaving products if you're living in your car?

Hey Corey,

I had a business appointment in the city today and visited this location of Pasteur's. It's one of a kind, floor to ceiling packed shelves with alllll the goodies. It's like a wetshaver's candystore indeed. I have never ever seen any small retail store with so much stuff actually available in one space. You can find an amazing online selection nowadays from the usual suspects on the web but to go to a real place and check the smell of any shaving product or grab that Simpson brush live before you fork out that money and decide if "best" is good enough or it needs to be "super" even it burns a deeper hole in your pocket, that is an exceptional experience. Did I mention they have every DE razor you can think of ... the complete line of Merkurs (all handle varieties, short, long, ornamental, gold, blue you name it. They have the Feather AS , they have 3 different IKONs and even offered to check if they can still get a Bulldog OC, which I told them, is not made anymore. "Our boss will check his connections" and maybe he can order one for you .. I have left my number:biggrin1:. This store truely is an experience and if you plan a trip to NYC this is a must go place.

And btw bought just one tub of J.M Frazer's shave cream "Mosswood". The original smells like a cheap detergent for me but that just my impression. I'll give the moss a swirl tomorrow morning with a Chubby 2 Best.

Foamy greetings
Icebear

Icebear --

I plan on visiting a friend in NYC around March and I will definitely check out Pasteur's. Will look out for your review of Mosswood as well.

Happy shaving,
Corey

Words cannot express the joy, envy, and wonder when I see photos of this place and know that seeing this place in person is a far off dream. I think "The Lonely Island" band says it best whenever I think of this place :lol:

I went to the 34th street location last weekend while in town for a wedding. It is amazing!
I picked up a Merkur 37c slant, Tabac soap and EDT (my wife likes the scent), and I got a great deal on a Parker Synthetic brush, for which they threw in a stand free. They are very helpful and indulging... I was able to hold some high-end brushes to compare them to the Parker and the VDH I already have.

I will certainly go back there the next time I'm in NYC... and you should too.

How do the two locations compare to each other in terms of selection? I'll be in the city tomorrow and need to stop by one of them.

How do the two locations compare to each other in terms of selection? I'll be in the city tomorrow and need to stop by one of them.

I live and work within walking distance of both stores. I almost always choose to shop at the 34th and Park location since the aisles are much wider (but still very narrow) and the selection is usually larger. However, you will not be disappointed with either store.

Cool deal. That'll be my 2nd stop after I get off the train. Right after I wolf down a slice from Rose Pizza. :tongue_sm

It you're coming into Penn Station, you are also much closer to the 34th St location (easy walking distance, just head east on 34th for a few Avenues) than the location on Lexington and 63rd.

Enjoy!

I will be there in April for a conference, planning to stop by the 34th street shop at the end of the day. I did this same thing about a year ago and had a great time in the store. Enjoyed smelling all my purchases on the train home that night!

Oh and what is Rose Pizza and where do I find it?

I will be there in April for a conference, planning to stop by the 34th street shop at the end of the day. I did this same thing about a year ago and had a great time in the store. Enjoyed smelling all my purchases on the train home that night!

Oh and what is Rose Pizza and where do I find it?

Rose Pizza at 1 Penn Plaza (Penn Station). It's a pretty good slice if you're taking the train in from Philly.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rosas-pizza-and-pasta-new-york-2
http://slice.seriouseats.com/archiv...c-carusos-rose-don-pepi-ny-pizza-suprema.html
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...s_Pizza_and_Pasta-New_York_City_New_York.html

Rose Pizza in Penn Station is easily one of my top 5 slices ever...and I am a huge pizza snob. Usually I will have at least one slice upon arrival in the city, and at least one upon departure. :001_tongu

$image.jpg

Details to follow...

Top Bottom