What's new

Parker SoloEdge in stock

What a wonderful razor it is !

My first shave with SoleEdge. Loaded with snapped Rhinoceros blade. It seems to me that snapped ends reach too far and they hinder proper fastening of cap. I clipped ends off.

Shave was stellar. Two pass face shave. BBS

DSCF5966_1.JPG

Last edited:
What a wonderful razor it is !

My first shave with SoleEdge. Loaded with snapped Rhinoceros blade. It seems to me that snapped ends reach too far and they hinder proper fastening of cap. I clipped ends off.

Shave was stellar. Two pass face shave. BBS

View attachment 1822472

I also clipped the ends off the half blade and felt I got a much more effective shave. Maybe that millimeter drop of the blade further into the base made all the difference. Or maybe I'm getting used to the angle of the shave.

I also clipped the ends off the half blade and felt I got a much more effective shave. Maybe that millimeter drop of the blade further into the base made all the difference. Or maybe I'm getting used to the angle of the shave.
The bent ends introduce torque variance into the shave. That is not ideal, so better to avoid it and cut them off. It is spring steel after all.

Like many of you...I too have been on a quest (12 years) to find the perfect wet-shave. Lately, i've been trying SEs. The closest thing to perfection I've fallen on, SE or DE is the aluminum High Proof razor. Made in the USA and almost perfect.
I'd be curious to hear opinions. Thank-You.

Like many of you...I too have been on a quest (12 years) to find the perfect wet-shave. Lately, i've been trying SEs. The closest thing to perfection I've fallen on, SE or DE is the aluminum High Proof razor. Made in the USA and almost perfect.
I'd be curious to hear opinions. Thank-You.
How did you like SoloEdge?

How did you like SoloEdge?
WAY too aggressive for me. i have to shave every day because of my work. In the rare occasion that I’ve accumulate 2 or 3 days of growth, I’ve actually enjoyed a slightly aggressive razor, but because of the aforementioned routine, I stick to Henson AL13 mild, Rockwell, and High Proof.
ps…. The High Proof is almost as efficient and you couldn’t irritate yourself if you tried.

WAY too aggressive for me. i have to shave every day because of my work. In the rare occasion that I’ve accumulate 2 or 3 days of growth, I’ve actually enjoyed a slightly aggressive razor, but because of the aforementioned routine, I stick to Henson AL13 mild, Rockwell, and High Proof.
ps…. The High Proof is almost as efficient and you couldn’t irritate yourself if you tried.
Good to know other opinions ! I have read about and experienced myself only good things about SoloEdge. People are different !

Top Bottom