What's new

Parker Slant Razor

Hello,

I have recently fallen down another rabbit hole, slant razors.
I found this in my mailbox and wanted to share. It’s supposedly a milder “semi-slant”. Fit and finish looks really good and will test drive tomorrow morning with a Feather.
I’ll post results soon. For $30 USD it was my Father’s Day present to myself.

Cheers
John
0EF2F28A-449B-48C9-9A1F-5AFEC030C454.jpeg
7C9666F0-9361-4D63-8153-5B157880B7B5.jpeg
6CEDE8F4-01C4-46A1-B63F-A29DDEA38B9F.jpeg
F0932D06-8143-449F-A875-31A5827D9996.jpeg
22711379-F2E3-42D6-A361-8062717B1992.jpeg
AFB9AE5C-EBA8-4E35-B3A5-B97BDD1AD609.jpeg

I just ordered one myself - with the graphite handle. Up to this point the only DE I have used is my feather as-d2 (which I enjoy), so I am looking forward to it. Please give an update after the test drive!

It looks great and rumors start spreading and they say that's an amazing razor ! I keep saying myself "you dont need another DE" but after i saw that i think i need one more...

Very nice, congrats on the gift. I had seen it on their Instagram and at first thought it was adjustable because it looks a lot like the Variant. Please be kind and let us know how it compares to the Merkur which I find not aggressive but smooth on my face. The 39C is the slant that made me a slant believer and I see same geometry this one.

Cheers

That's very cool! Good for them for producing a slant. Now, if they just made one with a shorter fat handle, I would be in!

Hello,

First shave in the books. Details are 2 pass (XTG, ATG) head, face shower shave. Omega 10098 boar brush, TO S grapefruit cream and new Feather blade.

The shave was extremely smooth, barely any blade feel. Result was a very close shave with no weepers or burn. Razor has the autopilot feel to it. Blade alignment wasn’t an issue at all. I need a few more shaves to fairly evaluate. My first impression is it’s a fine razor. It is equal to or better than 37C, RR slant and dam close to ATT S1. Side by side comparisons will tell. Blade exposure is a hard call with a slant and my eyesight. Hopefully pictures answer that.

From a personal preference standpoint I would like a shorter handle but that isn’t a major factor. Great slant for price. I have always had a soft spot for Parker razors. In the past they have had opportunities for improvement. They have always stood behind their products and have consistently improved their quality.

Cheers
John

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know how the razor shaved for you. Sounds like it works just fine.

I love Parker razors (Variant is my daily shaver now, it’s amazing) and was actually wondering about this one. Thanks for the review!

I just received my Parker Semi-Slant today. In looking at the general design, Parker seem to take design elements from the Merkur 37, which is not a bad idea as it is still one of the best slants out there. A very close inspection shows a very heavy, solid, long, and well made handle. The head, however could be finished better. There appears to be burrs and flashes around the screw hole in the base plate and the corners of the top cap are very pointed. This is not a problem once the head is put together, but can be a surprise when taking the head apart.
DSC02789.JPG
DSC02787.JPG
DSC02788.JPG

When comparing the Parker with the two other Merkur 37 type razors (the RR 37 and the Hoffritz), the Parker seem to have a cap that is a combination of the other two. It has that slight bump like the RR, however it does not have the scalloped edges. First shave tonight and I will report on that later. After that I will probably do a comparison shave with my RR 37 and my Hoffritz.
DSC02790.JPG
DSC02792.JPG

I just received my Parker Semi-Slant today. In looking at the general design, Parker seem to take design elements from the Merkur 37, which is not a bad idea as it is still one of the best slants out there. A very close inspection shows a very heavy, solid, long, and well made handle. The head, however could be finished better. There appears to be burrs and flashes around the screw hole in the base plate and the corners of the top cap are very pointed. This is not a problem once the head is put together, but can be a surprise when taking the head apart.
View attachment 992514 View attachment 992515 View attachment 992516

When comparing the Parker with the two other Merkur 37 type razors (the RR 37 and the Hoffritz), the Parker seem to have a cap that is a combination of the other two. It has that slight bump like the RR, however it does not have the scalloped edges. First shave tonight and I will report on that later. After that I will probably do a comparison shave with my RR 37 and my Hoffritz.
View attachment 992518 View attachment 992517

Thanks for the photos!! Look forward to a comparative review!! (PLEASE.) :a14::a14::a14:

Just had my first shave with the Semi-Slant. I found out that the official designation for it is the 55SL so I don't have to type as much letters from now on. I popped in the Astra blade that I used in my CX pass around as it is a good blade and still had some shaves left on it. WTG pass I started off (like I do with my RR 37 and Hoffritz) by putting faceted cap against my face and following that angle. I have to admit that the pass went effortlessly and pretty efficient. Absolutely no blade feel and so I guess Parker had achieved their goal. ATG pass went just as well, however in the end I did have to do an XTG pass for the area under my chin and under the jawline. Overall, this was a great shave for a pretty good price.

Beginning tomorrow, I will do a shave off against the other two 37 types, but I suspect that from tonight's shave, it might be real close.

Hello,

First shave in the books. Details are 2 pass (XTG, ATG) head, face shower shave. Omega 10098 boar brush, TO S grapefruit cream and new Feather blade.

The shave was extremely smooth, barely any blade feel. Result was a very close shave with no weepers or burn. Razor has the autopilot feel to it. Blade alignment wasn’t an issue at all. I need a few more shaves to fairly evaluate. My first impression is it’s a fine razor. It is equal to or better than 37C, RR slant and dam close to ATT S1. Side by side comparisons will tell. Blade exposure is a hard call with a slant and my eyesight. Hopefully pictures answer that.

From a personal preference standpoint I would like a shorter handle but that isn’t a major factor. Great slant for price. I have always had a soft spot for Parker razors. In the past they have had opportunities for improvement. They have always stood behind their products and have consistently improved their quality.

Cheers
John

Just had my first shave with the Semi-Slant. I found out that the official designation for it is the 55SL so I don't have to type as much letters from now on. I popped in the Astra blade that I used in my CX pass around as it is a good blade and still had some shaves left on it. WTG pass I started off (like I do with my RR 37 and Hoffritz) by putting faceted cap against my face and following that angle. I have to admit that the pass went effortlessly and pretty efficient. Absolutely no blade feel and so I guess Parker had achieved their goal. ATG pass went just as well, however in the end I did have to do an XTG pass for the area under my chin and under the jawline. Overall, this was a great shave for a pretty good price.

Beginning tomorrow, I will do a shave off against the other two 37 types, but I suspect that from tonight's shave, it might be real close.

Oh brother. You guys are DESPICABLE! :incazzato

First slant razor purchase. Down another rabbit hole... :censored: :behead:

Top Bottom