What's new

Parker Slant Razor

Recently got a Graphite Super Slant. It was my first non-vintage razor purchase. Looking around, I was disappointed that many of even the more spendy razors (anything over $30) were being made of zamak, but Parker says they use all brass.
My first shaves were with a Personna Israeli Blue, which lived up to my expectations for 5 shaves.

Today I used a Shark Platinum. It was smooth, but left roughness in my problem neck/jaw area. I'll see how subsequent shaves do.
Update: 2nd & 3rd shaves with the same blade were smooth & effortless with no irritation, and cleaned up that problem area with little fuss.

I have the Shavecraft 102. I don't think there's a smoother, more comfortable slant on the market. Can someone who owns both the Shavecraft 102 and the Parker semi slant tell us his opinions on comparing the two?

Congrats to those who have one. It looks like a fine razor.

I don't think I'll be tempted, at least I hope I won't be. I have the "classic" Merkur as well as a vintage "white silver" one in it's original box that's never been used.

I've been using the Merkur this past week and have fallen in love with my slant all over again. Here's hoping I won't be too tempted by the Parker.

The Parker won't bring you much over the Merkur 37 or 39.
The vintage Merkurslants, with the smooth cap, are very nice shavers. Pity not to use :)

I will honestly say that I have no sincere desire to test other slants in the shave world. My curiosity was piqued and more than satisfied with the Parker Semi Slant. I will say that it has proven to be a smooth and mild shaver that actually gives a very nice shave with minimal blade feel. A 3 pass shave with minor touch ups produces a wonderful BBS finish. Smooth, comfortable and an efficient shaver with low blade feel for $30? Not a bad deal at all for either a novice or veteran wet shaver. I’d call my first and last dive into slants a successful one....

396270AE-294F-4AC4-87CD-9423FFB90DF9.jpeg

I bought one with the rose gold and silver handle, partially because I wanted a grippy rose gold handle to go with some of my Baili "Tech clone" heads.

I like the handle a lot! Grippy without being too coarse, looks nice in person.

I'm not as much of a fan of the razor head compared to my other Slants - my RazoRick Merkur clone head (and my Merkur slant) shave a little more closely and effortlessly, although they require a bit more care as they are bit more likely to bite. I also prefer my Ikon X3 slant, which is an equally friendly Slant that shaves a little better as well.

Not a bad razor head by any means - can get a nice, easy shave with it. I'd rate it as "good" but not "great". I prefer the above 2 other slants.

I do think that it should have covered the blade tabs - I'm finding that I really like modern razors that cover the tabs so I don't accidentally nick my ears or nose.

OK, I went back and tried it again this morning. Felt pretty good, no problems. Would upgrade from good to good/great. Then again, I like a lot of razors . . . including 2 of Baili's $5ish models

I have the graphite one. Much more efficient of my muhle r89 but at the same time with the parker i must never lose concentration while with the muhle i can almost shave mindlessy.

So is this the mildest slant?
I have medium coarseness beard and a little sensitivity. I find my shaves with a vintage bakelite slant (walbusch) smoother than these of my Edwin Jagger de 89. Is this slant smooth for someone like me?
Is this smoother than Phoenix bakelite slant razor?

Today another shave (the third and last with that feather blade) with the 55SS. BBS without any problem and my skin is alrealy much better (sse for yourself). I repeat it's a winner. And consider i have "one of the hardest and coarsest beard i've ever seen" (quoting my local pro barber) So..go figure.
proxy.php

I got one in today and had my first shave with it. I am used to aggressive razors and they never seem to be a problem for me. This razor I found to be quite aggressive. Now I will admit I do not ride the head-cap. I don't do that with any razor I use. GEMs or anything else. Don't usually have a problem but with this razor I was afraid I was going to rip my face off.
I have to say I don't like it at all. I don't how Parker can say it's a mild slant. This could be the worst slant razor I have ever tried and I tried at least several. This one is going back.

Top Bottom