What's new

Parker 26C

I've only got two shaves in with it but so far I like it. A bit more aggressive than my SuperSpeed. Still working on technique though. Perhaps this has been mentioned before but YouTube has a review of it on MadScientist's channel. I found the Astra felt better than a feather.
$image.jpg

I've only got two shaves in with it but so far I like it. A bit more aggressive than my SuperSpeed. Still working on technique though. Perhaps this has been mentioned before but YouTube has a review of it on MadScientist's channel. I found the Astra felt better than a feather.
View attachment 452536

Post a link to the YouTube review if you can. I would like to check it out.

As I mentioned in another thread I shaved with my 26c tonight. Using a Shark Chrome blade it was a bit rough, but the result is very nice. No irritation, no burn. I could really hear the whiskers being cut, and feel them too. I look forward to more blades and more great shaves with this razor.
Cheers.

Okay, this thread has convinced me to make a shaving purchase for the first time in nearly a year. For open comb razors, my gold standard has always been the British LC NEW. It's smoother and less aggressive than the American LC version, which I personally find too harsh. I also like a modified frankenrazor with a Fatip baseplate and Merkur top cap, which pins the blade completely down onto the plate, and with the Fatip's curved teeth, provides a smooth and easy shave.

Sounds like this Parker fits the bill.

Have you tried it yet? Let us know how you like it if you got one.

For those of you with more experience with different types of razors-does the 26C position the blade like other OC razors you've seen? I was looking at mine closely last night with the blade in and the way it fits extremely close to the comb. Comparing the difference to my Super Speed, I wonder how it achieves a cut at all. Can someone explain the mechanism here?

To answer your question, the blade may be close but it does not touch the comb. If it were touching it would not cut at all in those places. It does not have a large blade gap as does the Parker solid bar razors do. My Parker 94R has one of the largest gaps I've seen.
The 26C does have enough of a gap to give a close shave.
Every razor is different as far as blade gap and blade exposure goes. That's why they all give a slightly different shave.

Last edited:
Great shave today with a Supermax Platinum. Smooth and efficient. Also used my new Georgetown scuttle... Loved the warm 2.5 pass lather.

Oh and no irritation.

Great shave today with a Supermax Platinum. Smooth and efficient. Also used my new Georgetown scuttle... Loved the warm 2.5 pass lather.

Oh and no irritation.

I'll have to try the Supermax in my 26C. I used one in my Goodwill and was not a fan at all.

I'll have to try the Supermax in my 26C. I used one in my Goodwill and was not a fan at all.
It's my first and only shave with the Supermax ( I love the name, isn't that what they call giant ocean faring cargo ships?). I received it in a sample pack. i'm still exploring blades, any favorites with the 26C?

any favorites with the 26C?

I like Personna Blues and Med-Preps in anything (I can't tell the difference between the two), they are my go-to blade for sure. I've also had good experiences using Gillette Silver Blue and Voskhod blades in the 26C. Come to think of it, I haven't had a bad shave with the 26C using any blade.

Let us know how you like it.

Sorry for the delay but my computer screen blew. I have to say that the 24c (26c was sold out) is about perfect for me, very smooth and close even on my neck. It has a good grip, great balance and is milder than my Premax (Fatip) but more aggressive than the Merkur 41c which is too mild for me. Really enjoying it. The finish is good except on the base plate where there is a small blob, no big deal does not effect the razor. It came with Shark and Bluebird blades. This is the first time I have tried these blades. The Sharks seem to be fairly sharp and pair nicely with the razor. My first shave with the Bluebird this morning, felt a bit jagged and gave me weepers on the first pass (wtg), guess it was a bad blade. Will give them another go, hopefully with better results.

Bluebirds did not work well for me in the 26c. Voskhod all the way so far. Had med prep in for the last 4 shaves, but not quite as smooth as the Voskhod in my opinion...I get some tugging on the neck.

Top Bottom