What's new

Parker 26C

Okay...I don't want to sound like a shill for this razor but....pulled it out this morning, loaded up a fresh Feather....slathered up some Proraso Red in the scuttle and got after it....

when I shave with this razor it feels like I can do no wrong...wtg, xtg, atg, buffing, hooking, lip, neck...it just doesn't matter...my face feels awesome and the shave was sublime...

As soon as the GRUS is over I will be buying a spare (maybe two) just to have in the cabinet...I can't express how perfect this razor is for my face!

I haven't given up on this one and used it for my first pass this morning. Still had some comb marks and "empty strokes" (meaning blade passes but no hair cut,) but had some productive strokes too. The strokes I did have showed great promise for this under 30 dollar razor, and quite a nice change of pace from my merkur 34hd. I look forward to perfecting the angle of approach to use this razor on all 4 passes of my daily shave.

I still love this razor but has anyone else noticed that the head seems to hold water? When I'm shaving above my lips I often have water running down into my lips. Not a big deal just never had this happen with any other razor. Does this happen to you?
Still a nice razor.

I still love this razor but has anyone else noticed that the head seems to hold water? When I'm shaving above my lips I often have water running down into my lips. Not a big deal just never had this happen with any other razor. Does this happen to you?
Still a nice razor.

Yes I notice the same thing too.

I had lather sliding down my face till I started giving it a shake to get excess water off.

No biggie for me either just a little quirk

I turn on the faucet and rinse when I am shaving, I don't use a full sink. I have gotten into the habit of shaking the razor head no matter which razor I am using. Even if water drops are sticking to the outside of the head too, I get the drips when shaving my face. Seems I notice it more when I am shaving under my nose.

OK, I think this Parker has spoiled me! It has quickly become my favorite razor. Prior to it, my Merkur 1904 was my favorite. The only issue with the 1904 is that it's extremely mild. The Parker, along with my Tech and my Old Type, are just a hair more aggressive, enough to shave my coarse beard, but not so much that I get irritation! The Parker seems the best of the bunch for me, giving me a smooth, comfortable shave with very little effort.

I have quite a collection of razors, as most of us do here. I can get a good shave from any of them and aggressiveness doesn't seem to matter much. From my very mild Edwin Jagger to my very aggressive Joris. I love them all. But I have to say the Parker OC does seem to hit the right mix of closeness and smoothness. I enjoy using it more than any other razor.
Parker did their homework before they made this razor and it paid off.

OK, I think this Parker has spoiled me! It has quickly become my favorite razor. Prior to it, my Merkur 1904 was my favorite. The only issue with the 1904 is that it's extremely mild. The Parker, along with my Tech and my Old Type, are just a hair more aggressive, enough to shave my coarse beard, but not so much that I get irritation! The Parker seems the best of the bunch for me, giving me a smooth, comfortable shave with very little effort.

hi guys, I need your help. I currently own a Merkur 34c and it has been fantastic, except for the plating falling off. I now need a new razor with the same level of aggressiveness (but not a merkur). I did try the EJ but its too mild for me. I am now looking at the parker 24c but just want to make sure its aggressive enough. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

hi guys, I need your help. I currently own a Merkur 34c and it has been fantastic, except for the plating falling off. I now need a new razor with the same level of aggressiveness (but not a merkur). I did try the EJ but its too mild for me. I am now looking at the parker 24c but just want to make sure its aggressive enough. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

The Parker is more aggressive than the EJ DE89 and the Merkur HD IMHO. And more efficient as well. If you were to compare it, aggressiveness-wise, to another safety bar razor I'd say its around where the Weber PH is at. Personally, I like the look of the 26C better (black handle), but either way I'd say go for it. Parker really did a nice job on this razor. I've said this before, a bunch - this razor is the best value on the market right now as far as price to performance is concerned. Obviously YMMV, but if I had only a Parker 26C and a Merkur HD I would reach for the Parker almost every time. Heck, I have a bunch more than that and I still reach for the Parker more than most of them.

I too found the EJ a bit mild for my taste. I have my Slim set on 6. I would say the Parker is around this as to the efficiency. I really enjoy using mine and have to make a conscious effort to grab a different razor. I don't think you will be disappointed with either the 24C or 26C.

Thank you both. This is just the information I was looking for. Sounds like the the Parker 24c is definitely more aggressive than the EJ and that makes me comfortable enough to give it a try.

These questions may be unfair, but has anyone has tried both the Parker 24C or 26C and an ATT open comb head, and if so what's your take-away?

With the more-than 6:1 price difference, I'd expect the ATT to outperform. I'd also expect the closest ATT match-up to the Parker would be the M2. But you never know until you ask.

This is exactly how I feel about this razor. I'm new to wet shaving, but bought the 26c (my second razor) and love the thing. It shaves nice and close, but doesn't irritate my skin at all.

Okay...I don't want to sound like a shill for this razor but....pulled it out this morning, loaded up a fresh Feather....slathered up some Proraso Red in the scuttle and got after it....

when I shave with this razor it feels like I can do no wrong...wtg, xtg, atg, buffing, hooking, lip, neck...it just doesn't matter...my face feels awesome and the shave was sublime...

As soon as the GRUS is over I will be buying a spare (maybe two) just to have in the cabinet...I can't express how perfect this razor is for my face!

These questions may be unfair, but has anyone has tried both the Parker 24C or 26C and an ATT open comb head, and if so what's your take-away?

With the more-than 6:1 price difference, I'd expect the ATT to outperform. I'd also expect the closest ATT match-up to the Parker would be the M2. But you never know until you ask.
Welllllll... I think you have to separate out the shaving experience from the actual shave and its results. Comparing the first is most likely impossible because of the fact that the ATT is a precision-made, solid steel instrument that has been likened to a fine surgical instrument. No matter what else the Parker may be, it is not that. Pride of ownership and enjoyment of just holding the razor has to have an effect and has to create a predictable and unfair comparison. The rest of it: comfort, smoothness, closeness, etc., however, can easily be compared, and I am curious to see any responses to the question, myself.

Top Bottom